How to Create Lifelong Friendship With Your Better-Half
Married your best friend or fiancé or a stranger; whether your spouse has been a good friend before or not; it is a very special feeling to be your better half's special friend. But things do change after marriage even between the best of friends; then how to create an inviolable bond, a lifelong friendship with your spouse.
You are to spend a long term of your life with your life partner, your better half. You day starts with each other and so does it end as well. All your thoughts, ideas, problems and planning are discussed with the same person. It's your spouse only who stands by your side I each situation, good or bad, help you come over bad times, help you find a solution for any problem, and is the other parent of your child and so on… Your life partner make your complete is all aspects, which is why they are called our better-halves.
Now think of a time when you were out of home or any project or in hostel or in camps; lining with your friends. Refresh those memories and think if your better-half turns to be your best friend, your life will be so much full of fun, comfort and delightment. Having a lifelong friendship in your marriage will not only make your relation stronger, but will incorporate more of both loyalty and understanding between you two. Having the comfort of companionship of a friend under a roof will help you never miss your loved ones and your previous life; or if you do miss them, you will definitely not miss them as much, you otherwise would have. But how to turn your better half into a friend for the rest of your life! How to create a lifelong friendship with your better-half? Is it really that though? Have you never made friends before, then how it is so different and difficult in this particular case?
To help you seed the strong bond of a lifelong friendship with you better half, here are some very useful tips:
- First do not give up on your hobbies or passions like photography, music, etc. to spend time with your partner. When you sacrifice something that makes you happy inside, you look forward to a compensation, which could later make you more demanding. Similarly don't force your partner to leave their passion and neither demand for a compensation in return of the permission to continue with it. Support your partner for their qualities and passion, make them feel good about what they are.
- Get friendly with their, go around with your friends and your partner's friends as well. To find you comfortable in their friend circle, they will be eased up and comfortable in their friend get-togethers. Go for group activities or couple programs with each other's friends.
- Go for adventure trips like friends do, exploring new place, doing fun activities and having a good time together.
- Don't wait for the other to take an initiative, first you become your spouse's friend, how? Ask yourself what are the best qualities of a friend in you view, play all those roles for your spouse.
- Ask your spouse to be your friend, do not always look out for love making and romancing, and take some friends' time out for each other. Sit together share a drink and discuss each other's official problem, cursing your bosses, criticizing the government policies, discussing the latest celebrity gossip and watch each other favorite programs.
- Go out for movies of the other's choice, or give a company to the game ground.
- Girls do sacrifice your drama series and watch your husband's favorite game together, shouting together, drinking and supporting the favorite team.
- Do the things which you will both enjoy together. Take crazy photos, get out of your comfort zones and get crazy together. React for the things your partner is concerned about, get excited when he/she does and appreciate the things he/she loves the most. Laughing together and having equal fun is a magical quotient of friendship.
- Having fun together, make each other comfortable as you are both with your friends. How? Criticize the way friends do, suggest them what actually suits them and tell honestly what does not, mock them and do enjoy when your partner does the same with you.
- Share each other's school and college stories; know each other journey, their high times and bad times, their strengths and weaknesses, their qualities and flaws… Accept them wholeheartedly and love your spouse.
- Forget each other mistakes, the way friends do. Remember friends do fight and get against each other, but nothing does them apart. They know their friend and accept each other with their ugly sides as well.