It is always difficult for a newly married girl to decide what to wear on her honeymoon. A wife always takes care of her husband’s choice but it is also important to be comfortable in whatever she wears.
Every girl desires to look perfect with her hubby in the pictures they are going to click on their honeymoon trip. Thus, she wants to take with her the best outfits from her wardrobe to make this trip more beautiful and charming with her presence.
Indian wedding ceremonies are usually time taking, hectic and exhausting. There is so much stuff to shop for wedding itself, that you are hardly left with any time to shop for your honeymoon. Honeymoon trips are usually planned immediately after the wedding, sometimes on the wedding night or the very next day more often. Hence, it becomes nearly impossible to shop for your honeymoon vacation soon after the marriage nuptials are over. So, you have to be quite quick in deciding what stuff to pick up for the first and foremost special moments of your life with your better-half on a special honeymoon trip.
Tips for what to wear on your honeymoon:
- It is essential to know about the climate of the place, where you are going to spend some quality time with your partner for next few days. Learning about the weather of your honeymoon destination will help you to choose clothes according to it.
- If you are planning your honeymoon in beach locations then women can take up colourful or printed pareos/ wrap around skirts, sarong skirts, capris, hot-pants, caftans, beach cover-ups and halter-tops with them. While men should carry cotton/ polyester shorts, half-sleeved shirts and t-shirts along with them to look cool on their honeymoon trip.
- Accessories are very important as they enhance your look. On a beach women can pair their beautiful outfits with beach jewellery like shell necklaces and earrings, sarong scarfs, beach bags, crystal clips, bandeau (head band) and jeweled sandals. Beach flip flops are however a more comfortable option for both, wife and man.
- While if you are planning for a honeymoon on one of the panoramic hill stations of India, then never forget to take warm clothes like sweaters, pull-overs, shawls, jackets, scarfs, socks and gum-boots or cozy shoes with you, especially when the honeymoon is falling in the winter months. Climate on hills is actually unpredictable, so it is better to take some of the warm clothes, not all even if you have planned honeymoon in the months other than winter.
- People usually prefer western-wear for their honeymoon. Traditional-wear is somewhere sidelined on a honeymoon trip. But one should keep one or two traditional dresses in suitcase while packing for honeymoon trip because traditional dresses like a sari or a suit blended with classic jewellery give you an ethnic look if you are going to pay obeisance at one of the religious shrines in the place where you are honeymooning. They also bring a variety in your honeymoon pictures. Churidar with Kurti is a popular honeymoon dress in India.
- Honeymooners on a vacation in monsoon should not forget to take rain-coats and rainy shoes with them.
- Dark colours like black, royal-blue, violet and green can make you look more skinny, while light colours add grace to your personality. However printed and colourful clothes are the best to be chosen when you are not able to decide what to wear. They really blend with every mood and location indeed. But on themed and romantic candle light dinners choose colours like red, pink or beige, as they make you look more sensuous and elegant.
- Nightwear and lingerie are important aspects of honeymoon clothing. You can get designer silk gowns and lingerie from various stores.
- You should carry all the important outfits, even few extra dresses and night-wears but not carry so much useless stuff with you. It is good to prepare a list of what to carry before beginning to pack honeymoon suitcase.
- Hand bags are really important to be carried with you as you can keep the things of regular usage conveniently in it and they complement your look as well.
- Try to shop for honeymoon outfits in advance. Keep on looking for such stuff, while shopping for wedding dresses and pick up those which you like side-by-side.
The utmost importance of honeymoon lies in the fact whether you are enjoying it or not. You should actually carry comfortable clothes with you irrespective of what others will think about you. At the end of the day, it is your honeymoon and you have the right to decide what suits you the best and in which dress you are more comfortable.