Honeymoon in Durg
City of Durg is blessed with natures’ impeccable treasures which creates an incredible ambience for romanticism and a perfect honeymoon getaway. Studded with various majestic temples, Durg is a popular and indeed most sought after pilgrimage tourist spot in Chhattisgarh
. Ringed all around by rolling down hills, covered with lush green foliage carpet and canopy, the spell binding of Durg is sure to steal away your heart. Enjoy a peaceful, fun-filled and soulful honeymoon vacation; which is also affordable on your budget.
Honeymoon Attractions in Durg
Durg is one of the most romantic honeymoon destinations in central India, and indeed an effective key to cheap honeymoon ideas. If you are still pondering about the appeals/attractions for honeymooning in Durg and/or thinking about what will you do there on your honeymoon, here is your answer. Honeymoon attractions of the city of Durg include:
- Main honeymoon spots of and around Durg are Nagpura, Patan, Deobaloda, Balod, Dhamda, Tandula and Bhilai. Take a visit around these villages and spots to explore their jungles, tribal culture, temples, industries, lakes, etc.
- Durg’s temples are the biggest drive towards the city. Must to see temples and shrines include Deobaloda, Balod, Uwasaggaharam Parshwa Teerth, Sheorinarayan Temple, Deorbijia Temple, Jhalmala Ganga Maiya Mandir, Kurkurdev temple, Pasharwanath Teerth, Shiv Mandir, Sita Maiya Temple, Mahamaya Temple, etc.
- Tandula Dam and Kharkhara Dam are two prominent tourist spots and preferable picnic spots.
- For the adventure and fun lovers, there are zoological parks, musical fountain, Maitri Bagh, children’s park, Budhpara Lake, toy train and museums.
- Durga Puja, Kali Puja and Ganesh Chaturthi are the main festivals of Durg.
- Durg is also associated with lots of cultural heritages in form of dance, music and artifacts. The popular dance forms of Durg are Soowa, Panthi, Pandwani and Raut Nacha.
- Have a look around at the industrial elegance of the city and visit the Steel & Iron plants of and around
Honeymoon Hotels to Stay in Durg
Best honeymoon hotels and resorts of and around Durg, are:
- Ginger Hotel, Durg
- The Avalon, Durg
- Hotel Garnet Inn, Durg
- Sagar International Hotel, Durg
- Hotel Tulip Inn
- Ashish International Hotel, Durg
Best Time to Visit to Durg
City of Durg features typical tropical climatic conditions, where summer is too hot and dry. Monsoon on the other hand brings along only little showers which makes the area humid and more uncomfortable. Cool months of winter (November, December, January and February) are the only comfortable time around here and thus, ideal for outdoor activities.
How to Reach to Durg
Lying at a close distance of 50-55km, Raipur Airport is the nearest air terminal to choose to, to go to Durg.
City of Durg has its railway station, which is well linked to all major cities and their railway stations, across the country.
Well developed infrastructure Road and accessibility from all directions, make roadways the most convenient mode to travel to Durg. You can easily get a bus, both state operated or private luxury bus, to travel to Durg. And of course there are taxis and cabs available from all big cities of Chhattisgarh and surrounding states.
What Things to Carry to Durg
Following are the things to carry to Durg, are:
- Identity card
- Mobile and Camera
- Charger, Battery, Cover, etc. of Your Mobile and Camera
- ATM/Credit Cards
- Cotton & Comfortable Clothes for Summer
- Woolen Clothes
- Apt Accessories
- Comfortable Shoes
- Sunscreen & Skin Protection
- Cap/Umbrella (Optional)
- Needful Medicines
Before How Many Days the Booking Must be Done
For a pleasant and relaxed honeymoon vacation, it is always advisable to book your honeymoon package, travels tickets etc. along with all other marriage preparations. You must get your bookings done 1.5 to 2 months before your marriage.