Honeymoon in Assam
While planning for honeymoon trips, couples always look forward to unique and amazing honeymoon ideas. Assam for honeymoon vacation is one of the most amazing destinations. Assam, the gateway to serene North eastern wilderness of India, is a land of treasures. Enjoy the wildlife adventurers, pilgrimage attractions and nature in various parts of Assam all across the year.
Honeymoon Attractions in Assam
The fascinating and mystic land of Assam is enriched with numerous honeymoon attractions that pull newlyweds very strongly towards it. Listed below are the highlights of the Assam’s honeymooning attractions:
- The Tea Estates: One of the most romantic experience is to take a walk in the appeasing tea gardens with your life partner. Assam is popularly known as the tea capital of the country. Jorhat is the most famous tea garden and visiting area.
- Lush Forestry and Appealing Wildlife: Dense and wild forests of Assam are home to many species of flora and fauna. Some of them are so rare that these are not found anywhere else in the world. There are many famous wildlife sanctuaries in Assam which includes Kaziranga National Park, Sukreswar Ghat Park, Nameri National Park, and Manas Tiger Reserve.
- Temples: The most famous temples of Assam are - The Kamakhya Mandir, The Urra Tara Temple, and The Nabagraha Mandir in Guwahati. Cruise ride to Umanda Mandir is one of the most famous activities near Guwahati.
- Hill Stations: Assam state is home to many mysterious hill stations with rich biodiversity. With the great Himalayas at back, these lush green hills attract many nature lovers. The most famous hill stations of Assam are Diphu Hill Station, Umrangshu Hill Station, Jatinga Hill Station, Haflong Hill Station, Agnigarh Hill Station, Maibong Hill Station.
- Others: Other tourist attractions include Majuli River Island, Sualkuchi, Rang Ghar, Vasistha Ashram, POA Mecca, Talatalghar, Assam State Museum, Chitralekha Udyan, Karenghar Palace, Ahom Kingdom ruins in Sibasagar, other historical remains, etc.
Nearby honeymoon destinations from Assam:
- Zhukou Valley, Nagaland
Honeymoon Hotels to Stay in Assam
Are you worried about where to stay in Assam while visiting there for your honeymoon? No more worries. Have a look below at the best rated hotels of Assam in various cities:
- Shri Surya Hotel, Dibrugarh
- Nambor Guest House, Golaghat
- Holiday Inn, Guwahati
- Ashok Palace Hotel, Guwahati
- The Blue Diamond Lodge, Goalpara
- The Iora Retreat, Kaziranga
- Hotel KRC Palace, Tezpur
- Natraj Hotel, Dibrugarh
- East End Hotel, Dibrugarh
- Asian Hotel, Guwahati
- Rajmahal Hotel, Guwahati
There are various leading chain of hotels actively catering to the travels and tourists of Assam. Above mentioned are only a few names amongst them.
Best Time to go to Assam
From the four seasons of the year, winter and spring are said to be the best to plan a visit to Assam. Located in the foothills of Northern range of Himalaya, Assam starts getting cooler and pleasant from October and stays moderate till April to 1-2 weeks of May. Between theses months you can plan your vacation any time and go to Assam.
How to Reach Assam
Assam has well developed infrastructural facilities and thus reaching any part of Assam is not at all difficult. All major cities and parts of Assam are finely connected with railways and roadways. Once in Assam you can access any city/town/village or forestry by the roadways. North-Eastern railway has various express and superfast trains running from different parts of the country to Assam. Assam also has domestic airports at many cities like Guwahati, Dibrugarh, Jorhat, Tezpur and Silchar.
What Things to Carry to Assam
You can carry light cotton clothes for summer months while in the winter season you would need woolens. If you are planning trips to the temples and other spiritual places do not wear revealing clothes or carry any objectionable goods/gadgets with you. Comply with the local traditions and customs. And forget to basic travel amenities like camera, backpack, trekking shoes, sunglasses, skin protection and needful medicines.
Before How Many Months the Booking Must be Done
It is always advisable to get your advance booking done for hotel bookings so that you can peacefully enjoy your honeymoon in Assam. If your trip time is coinciding with any of the local festivals, then get your advance booking done at least 1 month before your visit.