Honeymoon in Gangtok
The mesmerizing realm of Gangtok is one of the top rated honeymoon destinations of India. Nestled high in the mountain ranges of Great Himalaya, Gangtok has unlimited alpine treasures to enrich every travelers’ fantasies.
Honeymoon Attractions in Gangtok
Honeymooning at Gangtok well defines a fairytale episode. Beautiful flower valleys, mighty Himalayas, snow carpet and amazing wildlife; all together make it an experience of lifetime. Nature lovers are attracted by the Kanchanjungha peak and valley. Fambong La Wildlife Sanctuary and Saramsa Garden are two must to visit places. Flower exhibitions (held in the months of March, April, May and June) at Gangtok is one of the star attractions for the couples.
Gangtok has numerous religious tourist places worth visiting. Famous Buddhist monasteries include Rumtek Monastery, Enchey Monastery, Tashiding Monastery and Pemayangtse Monastry. Other spiritual places of Gangtok are Ganesh Tok, Shiv Mandir and Do Drul Chorten.
Trekking, cable-car ride, nature walk, wildlife and other adventure sports at Gangtok are very enthusiastic.
Sikkim’s handlooms and handicraft are very famous amongst the tourists. Do take some time out for shopping and admiring them at the Directorate.
Some other tourist spots in/around Gangtok are Tashi Viewpoint, Banjhakri Waterfall, Nathula Pass, Tsomgo Lake, Namgyal’s Tibetology Institute, Kabi Lungchok, Phurchachu Spring, Mount Katao and Rabdentse Ruins.
For the honeymooners looking for a multicity honeymoon; other honeymoon places around Gangtok are Darjelling, Dzongri, Kalimpung, Nathula, Siliguri, Yumthang and Pelling.
Honeymoon Hotels to Stay in Gangtok
Here is the list of best hotels and resorts in Gangtok, offering the best of Gangtok honeymoon packages:
- Suhim Portico
- WelcomHeritage Denzong Regency
- Mayfair Gangtok
- Elgin Nor-Khill Gangtok
- Club Mahindra
- Tamarind Hotel
- The Royal Plaza
- Orange Village Resort
- Hotels Himalayan Heights
- Hotel Mayur
Best Time to go to Gangtok
Though Sikkim is known for its pleasant weather and charming beauty, but the extremes of all seasons could get inconvenient there. There are two known tourist seasons at Gangtok, one pre monsoon and the other is post monsoon. Between March to May, you get the best views around and also the whole region is full of joy and festivities. The peak season is in between the months of October to 15th December as this is the blossom time and the valleys around are layered with snow and flowers.
How to Reach Gangtok
Though located in the rugged terrain of Himalaya, Gangtok is fairly accessible from the various parts of the country. Gangtok has very good road connectivity and so can be reached easily by both state as well as private transportations. Both state as well private buses and abs are available for you to help you reach your destination. For the railway travelers, New Jalpaiguri would be their last stoppage, from where they will have to take the road trail forth. There are various express and superfast trains to New Jalpaiguri from the major cities of different states of the country. Nearest domestic airport is at Bagdogra and the international air destination is at Kolkata.
What Things to Carry to Gangtok
Must to have goods are:
- Modest Dresses (revealing clothes may affect local customs and sentiments).
- Light Warm Clothes for Summers, While Heavy Woolens for the Chilly Winters.
- Backpack for Day Travels.
- Trekking Shoes and Other Trekking Essentials.
- Skin Protection
- Needful Medicines
- Wrist Watch
- Camera (but remember to take prior permissions at monuments and monasteries) with Extra Batteries.
- Mobile with Mobile Charger
Guidelines for Travelling in Gangtok
While going to Gangtok for your honeymoon vacation, please take care of the following few tourists’ guidelines:
- Always carry a trash bag with you and do not litter around.
- While visiting the monasteries wear descent clothes, circle around the shrines clockwise and offer a donation before leaving. Keep silence around the monasteries.
- Avoid smoking or drinking around the sacred places.
- Do not pluck flowers or harm plants.
- Do not spoil the grasses and other vegetation of the area. Walk only on the existing trails.
- Do not trouble the animals around.
- Do not buy antiques or endangered species from locals.
- Hire a guide to travel with you and to avoid getting into troubles.
Before How Many Days the Booking Must be Done
Gangtok is one of the most sought after tourist destinations for adventure, calmness, official tours as well as honeymoon. Taking this fact in view you must get hotels rooms and trip booked in advance to avoid any chances of the last minute hurries and unavailability/shortage of resources.