Honeymoon in Puri
Auspicious land of Puri is a renowned honeymoon destination. Pristine beauty and exhilarating sea shores well define the fascinating honeymoon idea. The rich cultural appeal of Jagannath Puri and surrounding silver beaches are simply irresistible. Presence of other historical, architectural and religious realms are great add on attraction. And if you are thinking that this is it, no you are wrong. Puri has much more to offer. Bamboo and sal forests, lakes, islands, and pearls are also equally appealing offer of this land.
Peaceful silver beaches dotted with monumental magnificence enchant you on your honeymoon in Puri with Honeymoon in India. Situated in Orissa on the Bay of Bengal coast Puri is also known as Jagannath Puri.
Tour the world famous Jagannath Temple located on the Puri coast that is strewn with ancient boulders and monoliths carved with religious, floral and traditional motifs.
Vast cream sands lead towards casuarina groves that add a dash of romance to the fairly uninhabited Puri beach that offers all the privacy in the world under the vast skies that meet the horizon over the Bay of Bengal.
Flanked by bamboo thickets and Sal forests in the west, scenic Puri offers several interesting holiday options for those on a honeymoon tour in this picturesque coastal land in East India.
Tour the attractions of Bhubaneshwar, Sambalpur and Khurda as you honeymoon in Puri, East India. Enjoy a boat cruise on the Chilka Lake that is the largest freshwater lake in Asia.
Visit the Gundicha Mandir, Satyabadi and celebrate cultural functions such as the Jagannath Yatra and Nava Kalebara. Puri in Orissa, East India is more of a pilgrimage though honeymooners prefer spending their honeymoon in this part of the country for its scenic beauty and serene locales that are rarely frequented by crowds.
The massive Jagannath Temple is of course a major attraction and is a must visit during your honeymoon tour in Puri, Orissa in East India.
Honeymoon Attractions in Puri
The major attractions of Puri for the honeymooners include:
- Temples: Star attraction of Puri is the famous Jagannath Temple. Other temples worth visiting are Kanchi Ganesha Temple, Vimala Temple, Sakshi Gopal Temple, Markandeshvara Temple, Loknath Temple.
- Puri Beach: Beaches of Orissa are gaining popularity nowadays like never before. Water sports on the sea waves, beach activities and sunbath are a great recreation.
- Chilika Lake: On a lazy boat ride in Chilika Lake watching dolphins, flamingoes and other chirping birds is an experience beyond any words.
- Konark Sun Temple: It is a must to visit while on Puri trip.
- Nature Walk: Nature walk around the green grasses/farms and sea beaches are a great fun in and around Puri.
- Boating and Fishing: Boating and fishing are very popular activities in Puri.
- Other places worth visiting are Sar Lake, Sambalpur, Islands near Chilika Lake, Balighai, Brahmagiri, Satyabadi, Baliharachandi Temple, Raghurajpur, Satapara.
- Shopping: Sambalpur near Puri is famous for pearls. Shopping while on Puri trip is a great fun. From Indian handicrafts to sea shells to pearls to silver works there are lots of shopping options around there.
Honeymoon Hotels to Stay in Puri
Here are the best 10 hotels, where you can stay for your honeymoon in Puri:
- Mayfair Puri
- Hotel Gandhara
- Hotel Holiday Resort
- Hotel Shakti International
- Toshali Sands
- Z Hotel
- Coco Palms Puri
- Aveda Chariot Resort & Spa
- Surya Beach Inn
- Chanakya BNR Hotel
Best Time to go to Puri
The tropical summers of Puri are very hot and humid, while monsoon receives heavy rainfall. The best time to visit Puri is thus in winter season, between the months of October and April.
How to Reach to Puri
Being a prominent devasthal/pilgrimage, Puri has very good accessibility from various parts of the country. Puri has fine road connectivity with the whole of Orissa. Puri has a major railway station of its own, which is linked directly with various major cities of the country. Capital city of Orissa, Bhubaneshwar is the nearest domestic airport and Kolkata is the nearest international airport.
What Things to Carry to Puri
Carry the following essentials with you:
- Casual Shoes
- Extra Slipper for Sea Shore
- Sunglass -2
- Skin Protection
- Wrist Watch
- Apt Clothes for Temple Visit and Casual Outings
- Light Cotton Clothes for Summers and Light Woolen for Winter
Before How Many Months the Booking Must be Done
Get your rooms booked at least 1 month before your honeymoon time to avoid any kind of inconvenience once you are there.