Honeymoon in Siliguri
Far from the hustles of city life and bustles of traffic, Siliguri is an ideal honeymoon destination in North East India. The quiet and serene atmosphere of this city sets a perfect romantic mood. Cool Himalayan breeze, roaming around clouds and surrounding greenery welcomes you to the beautiful beginning of your new life.
Honeymoon Attractions in Siliguri
Have a look below at the star attractions of honeymooning in the splendid city of Siliguri:
- Sevoke Coronation Bridge is must to visit place of the city. It gives thrilling views of gushing River Teesta, on which the bridge was made in 1941 to connect West Bengal with North-East India.
- North Bengal Science Park has very exciting collection of reflectors, Earth Science exhibits, etc. that make an attractive visiting place of Siliguri city.
- Hong Kong Market is a good shopping retreat. It is known profoundly for its illegal imported market and the traditional handicraft and culinary of the region.
- Sed Gyued Monastery is home to Gelukpa monks and is one of the most interesting places to visit in Siliguri.
- Mahananda Wildlife Sanctuary is a known for its hot biodiversity. Location of the park, which is between Mahananda and Teesta rivers, adds largely to its wilderness and richness.
- Surya Sen Park features both amusements as well as awareness generating exhibits.
- Umrao Singh Boat Club is one of the best places to hang-out near Siliguri, based in Sukna. The club is under the maintenance of Indian Army.
- Salugara Monastery is a famous Buddhist pilgrim, situated at a close distance of 6km from the city.
- Kali Mandir is one of the most visited spots by the newlyweds, to get the blessings of Goddess Kali.
- Savin Kingdom Amusement Park is an ideal place to unwind in the pristine beauty of Siliguri’s tea gardens.
- Other must to visit places in Siliguri include ISKON Temple, Railway Junction, etc.
Honeymoon Hotels to Stay in Siliguri
For the honeymooners heading towards Siliguri, following is the list of top rated hotels for their reference:
- Barsana Hotel & Resort
- Royal Sarovar Premiere
- Mainak Tourist Lodge
- Sinclairs Siliguri
- The Cindrella Hotel
- Hotel Bengal International
- Hotel Heritage
- Hotel Embassy
- Hotel Tourist Inn
- Hotel Appolo
- Saluja Residency
Best Time to go to Siliguri
The most advisable time to plan a visit to Siliguri is between the months of March to June and between October to December. During these durations the weather is pleasant and the beauty of Siliguri is at its best.
How to Reach Siliguri
Siliguri is one of the major cities of West Bengal. It is thus well provided with infrastructural developments and is easily accessible by various modes of transportation. Siliguri is a leading business centre of the region and thus is fairly accessible by road from various directions and different parts of the country. Siliguri also has an airport with domestic flights’ services, in Bagdogra. While the Eastern railway and North Eastern railways connect Siliguri with the whole country via Jalpaiguri Railway Station.
What Things to Carry to Siliguri
Siliguri has a very pleasant weather on an average. Except for the monsoon, you can always plan a trip there. In summer you can clothe as per your wish, but it’s advisable to keep a light shawl or a windcheater as the cool breeze coming from Himalaya at times can make you shiver a little. In winters you must have woolens with you. Do not forget to keep your sunglasses, skin protection and precautionary medicines. Last but not the least, honeymooners pick your camera and capture all your beautiful moments.
Before How Many Months the Booking Must be Done
Siliguri offers you the advantage of getting descent accommodations even at the last moment. Though, the resorts at Siliguri are required to be booked in advance.