Honeymoon in Kasauli
Kasauli to many of us was introduced by Khuswant Singh in his writings. He used to spend his holidays here once in a year and it featured in many of his writings. It explains Kasauli to a certain extend; as an idyllic place where one can read and write without little disturbance.
Kasauli like most of the Hill Stations was established during British Raj in 1842. Kasauli fulfills the fancy of British officers as the right place to escape the heat of great Indian plains in summer. It is just 77 km from Shimla and 65 km from Chandigarh. It made this one of the most accessible hill station. The town is perched on an elevation of 6000 ft. approximately and enjoys moderate climate.
Places to Visit in Kasauli
- Christ Church:This 19th Century monument is one of the most recognizable landmarks of Kasauli. A visit to Kasauli will never be complete without visiting this Church which now stands as a testimony of British colonialism in India.
- Kasauli Club:
It slowly started as a ‘Kasauli Reading and Assembly Rooms’ in 1880 and was later converted into a club in 1897. It was a natural meeting place and was extremely active during the British rule. Even today, the Club looks majestic and still exudes an old colonial charm.
- Monkey Point:
Monkey point is the highest peak in Kasauli and offers stunning view of Chadigarh and low lying plains both at day and at night. There is also a temple dedicated to Lord Hanuman.
- Kasauli Brewery:
The brewery is popular for making the ‘scotch of the east’, Solan No 1 brand and the first ever Asian beer, Lion. Mohans group now owns the brewery. It came in different flavors such as peach, strawberry, apricot, grapes, Rhododendron and apple etc. And it is not even expensive, priced at 150-300 for a bottle.
Just 6 km from Kasauli, it is home to one of the best known school in the Country- The Lawrence School. At almost 100 years, this archaic beauty is a major attraction.
- You can also visit the Baptist Church at Kasauli.
- Upper Hall: Looking for some solitary time together in quietness! Take a walk along the upper mall and delight yourself with the scenic viewpoints and heritage attractions.
- Lower Hall: A walker’s delight, the descending lane will showcase various scenic viewpoints as well as heritage attractions.
Other Honeymoon Spots
- Take a romantic walk with your darling/sweetheart holding each other’s hand. Stop at the sunrise and sunset points, enjoy the breathtaking serenity of nature and hold your beloved close to you in your arms. Some of the other points to make a visit to are: Sabathu, Dagshai, Dharampur, Scandal Point, Shri Baba Balak Nath Temple, Nahri Temple, Sai Baba Temple, Gilbert Trail, Lover’s Lane, Air Force Station and C.R.I.
- Delight yourself with Kasauli special shopping treat. Take a trip down the Cobbled Market, Main Market and Tibetan Market.
Apart from the leading honeymooner’s attractions of Kasauli, there are a few lesser known, but must to try points at Kasauli. Savour your Kasauli honeymoon trip with:
- Local jams, pickles and wine near Kasauli bus stand.
- Tibetan momos or dumplings.
- Bandsamosas or the cheap burgers at Kasauli Main Market.
- Delicious Hams, Salami, Bacons, etc. served at daily needs Store, Kasauli.
Honeymoon Hotels to Stay in Kasauli
Top honeymoon hotels to check in at Kasauli are:
- Winnies Holiday Inn
- Kasauli Castle
- Kasauli Resort
- Bird View Resort
- Kasauli Regency Hotel
- Victoria Continental Inn
Best Time to Visit Kasauli
Kasauli is at its peak beauty during the blissful warmth of summer, when the sights are clear and weather is pleasant. So the best time to plan a trip to Kasauli would be in the months of April to September. March and October also are visitable months.
How to Reach Kasauli
Kasauli is located in close vicinity of Chandigarh and thus, Chandigarh airport is the best option for the airways’ travellers to reach Kasauli. Kalka railhead, popular for its epitomic toy-train ride, is the closest to Kasauli. Kasauli is directly and fabulously connected with the whole of country with the scenic unwinding roadways.
What Things to Carry to Kasauli
Your Kasauli would require he regular hill station pick and pack. Keeping a light woollen with you even in summers will be advisable against the cool Himalayan breeze, while in winter you would need heavy woollens. Needful medicines are a must when you are going away from your home. Styling, trekking, beauty and sanitary products, camera, mobile, etc. are some other requirements that you must have with you.
Before How Many Days the Booking Must be Done
Be proactive and book your tour and travel at least 1 month before your honeymoon trip. And on your honeymoon: Just enjoy! Happy Honeymoon!