» Best Honeymoon Destinations in March
Best Honeymoon Destinations in March
Honeymoon is the first vacation with your beloved after the wedding hassles are over. It should be an experience to remember throughout life and create the best album of memories. March is spring in most parts of northern India while in South India summer is already knocking. Here is a list of Honeymoon Destinations in March in India to help you plan your romantic getaway.
Honeymoon places in March
The beach paradise, Goa is one of the acclaimed honeymoon places in India widely traveled with the onset of summer. The beaches of Goa remain the top attractions for a number of reasons such as its pleasant climate, sunny weather, breeze in the evening and best time to enjoy night parties here.
Also the waters lapping on the skin offers a soothing effect, making March the ideal time for swimming and enjoying water sports. On a sightseeing tour, you can visit beaches of Vagator, Calangute, Baga, Colva and Anjuna, Basilica of Bom Jesus, Aguada and Tiracol Forts and spice plantations.
Kodaikanal is a prominent hill retreat in Tamil Nadu where the honeymoon couples travel during March. The peak season is from April to June and March is not over crowded. Couples love the serenity of the Palani Hills, the Eucalyptus and deodar forests and blooming of seasonal flowers on the hill sides. There are also ample budget resorts to entertain guests. Main attractions in and around Kodai town are Kodai Lake, Silver Cascade waterfalls, Bryant Park, Kodaiakanal Solar Observatory and Dolphin’s Nose.
Summers in southern India is hot and humid and Kerala is not an exception. However, it is a popular honeymoon destination in March devoid of the scorching heat. A backwater expedition will truly rejuvenate you in Alleppey or Kumarakom. Plan a houseboat stay with packages from indianholiday.com. Kochi, Trivandrum and Kovalam are other popular tourist locales in Kerala.
The Queen of the Hills in eastern India is recovering from its cold bites at the beginning of March. The famous site for the Darjeeling Himalayan Railway, Darjeeling is part of the Lesser Himalayan range and located at an elevation of 2,050 meters above sea level. The tourism of Darjeeling is directly linked to Bhopal, Nepal and West Bengal. The slopes of tea plantations, a toy train ride, flora and fauna are the main attractions on these hills. Other things to explore on a honeymoon trip are trekking trains, Tiger Hill, Rock Garden, Everest Museum, golf course and the Mall.
What to pack for Honeymoon in March
Some of the essentials for a hassle-free honeymoon tour include:
- Light summer wear for beaches
- Light woolen garments for nights in the hill stations
- Medicine kit
- Glucose to beat the heat
- Trekking shoes
- Water bottles even during short excursions
- Sun glasses
- Bath accessories
- Swimming suit if you are visiting Goa
Traveling Tips for Honeymoon in March
- It is the starting of peak tourist season in tourist places such as Himachal Pradesh, so make your hotel bookings in advance.
- Make your flight reservation, tour planning and get discount packages well before the wedding so that you can avail of discounts.
- Carry enough dresses, medicines and toiletries with you
- Light fabric and beach wear referred
- Get hold of a travel map before heading to an unknown destination
- Check weather information before traveling
- Do not carry too much cash
- Keep passport and visa safe (international couples)
- Avoid touts, get adventure tour packages and car rental services with authorized agents.