India has a varied climatic condition. The southern tip is lashed by the monsoons, the north is covered in blankets of snow and east with sand. So if you are planning your honeymoon then look for a destination that coincides nicely with the season of your choice. One of the best times to go on a vacation in India is the month of November. It is the 11th month of the year and a harbinger of autumn in the Northern Hemisphere and spring in the southern hemisphere. Clear sunny skies and pleasantly chilly nights characterize November, though that’s not the case across the country. So, it is a fantastic time to explore the southwest and northeast parts of India. Here’s a list of the top 5 romantic destinations that you can safely explore, while on your honeymoon, in November.
1. Munnar is one of the most coveted hill stations in India. Situated in Kerala, it is nestled between the confluence of Kundala, Mudrapuzha and Nallathanni -- the three mountain streams. Expansive tea plantations, picturesque landscape, winding lanes and exotic greenery make Munnar an exceptional experience. It is an ideal place for camping and trekking. The town enjoys a pleasant climate which makes it convenient to visit during the summers as well. However, to enjoy the real essence of nature and the beauty of the ambience, it is wise to visit the place between September and May. Just don’t forget to carry your woolen garments and boots while planning for honeymoon at Munnar.
2. Matheran is located in the Raigad district of Maharshtra, and is considered one of the most coveted tourist destinations in India. Unending greenery, intriguing landscape, shimmering lakes, unpolluted air and a more than salubrious weather, characterizes the smallest hill station in India. Matheran experiences a pleasant weather throughout the year with the temperature varying between 16°C to 32°C and the best time of visit is anytime between October and May. Interestingly, cars are banned inside Matheran, so it is a whole new world for you to relax and enjoy in such tranquil ambience.
3. Kumarakom is undoubtedly the most fascinating and invigorating paradise in Kerala. It is a placidly beautiful and picturesque backwater destination ideal for a honeymoon getaway. The popular backwater hub is located close to Kottayam in Kerala and offers pristine beauty combined with serene ambience to its beholders. Kumarakom enjoys a balanced tropical climate, with a cool, fresh breeze that makes even the warmest climate amiable. The temperature here ranges from 16°C to 38°C and so the best time to visit this place is between November and March.
4. Havelock Island is one of the largest islands, comprising the Ritchie’s Archipelago, which is a chain of isles located on the east of the Andaman Islands. It is situated on the north-east of the capital city of the Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Port Blair. Havelock owes its growing popularity to its pristine beauty, beautiful beaches, amiable people and water sports like scuba diving and snorkeling. A perfect destination for a romantic tryst, Havelock is a placid heaven for the tourists and the nature lovers. The ideal time to spend a vacation here is between November and April.
5. Coorg, an administrative district situated in Karnataka is popularly known as the ‘Scotland of India’ due to its picturesque landscape and pristine beauty. Apart from the natural beauty, Coorg is also home to the country’s largest Tibetan settlement. Set out for sightseeing or participate in adventurous activities like white water rafting, trekking and safari rides, Coorg is perfect for a romantic getaway. Pleasant and moderate climate greets the tourists all around the year, with its temperature ranging between 11°C to 29°C. However, the best time of visit would be between October and May.
a) Be wise when you choose the route to your destination. Avoid spending unnecessary time on travelling. This will ensure that you don’t end up spending a lot of money, as well.
b) Take one vacation at a time. Remember that you have an eternity to spend together, so don’t cram too many places to visit if you are away just for a weekend. This will eat up on the valuable time that you get to spend with each other and also leave you exhausted.
c) This is a honeymoon trip. Of course you would want to spend quality time snuggling up with each other. So, avoid locations which are crowded. Privacy will be almost impossible to attain.
d) Health comes first. Ensure that the food you eat and the water you drink are bought from hygiene-conscious shops, hotels and restaurants. The last thing that you would want is to fall sick while on your honeymoon.
e) Based on your destination and the time of your visit, ensure that you have packed the proper gear. If you are travelling during the autumn, i.e., in November, then do a research on the weather, which will guide you to make the right choices for buying clothes. Also don’t forget to pack your toiletries, cosmetics and medicines for emergencies.
f) Avoid carrying a lot of cash and expensive jewellery. Instead include junk jewellery and small trinkets.
g) Avoid mingling with strangers. Also try not to venture out alone in the dark. These are simple precautionary measures that will definitely keep you safe and help you have a memorable honeymoon.