Honeymoon in Pahalgam
Pahalgam is a small town about 96km from Srinagar on the northernmost part of Jammu and Kashmir. It is a place still untouched by the stress and chaos of city life. City dwellers re-vitalize themselves here by cutting away from the rest of the world. Poor telephone networks and little access to outside world make life difficult but it also restores the bliss of simple living.
Pahalgam in local dialect is translated as a “humble shepherd’s village’. Situated at an elevation of 2740m there are few places that is as pristine as this town. Once hidden from the world it is now a popular tourist destination. Pahalgam is a paradise fed by the Lidder river and surrounded by lofty deodars, fir, pine, junipers and many other conifers. Higher up, the mountains are caped with snow. The air is as pure as it can get.
A visit to this place not only detach one from the grip of professional stress, but also provide good opportunities for outdoor activities like, trekking, fishing trout and skiing. Pahalgam is also an important place on religious grounds. Every summer around June-July pilgrims from all over the Country came to camp here on their way to the Shrine of Lord Shiva at Amarnath.
- Baisaran and Hajan are two of the most beautiful of places in Pahalgam. Baisaran is a huge pristine meadow surrounded by thickly wooded pine forest. Hajan, on the other hand is on the way to Chandanwari. It is an idyllic spot for a picnic.
- Sheshnag Lake is as clear and azure as the blue sky. But is covered with sheet of ice for most part of the winter and spring.
- Aru is a meadow and a good place to go trekking. The river Lidder disappears at Gur Khumb and reappears after 27metres.
- Tarsar Lake is about 35km from Pahalgam at an altitude of 3926m. The trekking route is beautifully strewn with flowers and grass.
- Pahalgam is also known for abundance of wildflowers during spring.
- Mattan is a leading Hindu pilgrimage attracting many Pahalgam visitors. Mattan lies by the side of Pahalgam road.
- Other popular shrines at and around Pahalgam include Aishmuqam, Sun Temple, Mamaleshwar Temple.
- Famous Kolhoi glacier though very famous, but is risky for its uneven and unpredictable surface density. But you can definitely take a trip to the Lidder valley and take a look at its serenity and the eminence of Kolhoi Peak.
- Nearby attractions of Pahalgam includes Tulian Lake, Betaab Valley, Lidderwat, Panchtarni, Pahalgam Golf Course and Shikargah Sanctuary.
- Some of the famous honeymoon places near Pahalgam, where you can take a visit to, are Gulmarg, Sonmarg, Sopore and Botingoo.
Honeymoon Hotels to Stay in Pahalgam
Ideal hospitality abodes in Pahalgam most advisable for honeymooners are:
- Pahalgam Hotel
- Hotel Heevan Pahalgam
- Hotel Senator Pine-a-Peak
- Hotel Noor Mahal
- Hotel Himalayan House
- Woodstock Hotel
Best Time to Visit Pahalgam
Pahalgam gets layered under snow during winters and chilly breeze adds to the adversity for the travellers. Except winters, Pahalgam opens its arms with the bliss of pleasant weather and clear views around for the tourists. You may also opt out the monsoon season for the humidity and drizzles. The best visiting time at Pahalgam is from March to November.
How to reach there
By Air :
The nearest airport is Srinagar Airport which is 59km away.
The nearest major railhead is at Srinagar, which is 90 km away.
By Road :
Pahalgam is connected to the rest of the Country.
What Things to Carry to Pahalgam
Pahalgam alongwith its natural bliss is also known for its religious significance, so it would be advisable to pack descent clothes. And since its Kashmir valleys woollens would be a good companion. Camera and mobile are your best mates while you are away from home enjoying a vacation. One thing to be kept in mind is that in the state of Jammu & Kashmir, only post-paid connections work. And do carry a photo identity proof with yourself. Do not forget your skin and health protection medicines and creams, etc. Also keep your sunglasses, make-up kit, styling products, a backpack and proper casual shoes that will support you in snow and in trekking.
Before How Many Days the Booking Must be Done
Get your travel tickets, hotel rooms, excursion trips, etc. all decided and advance booked before your honeymoon trip time. Get all reservations done at least 1 month before you start your journey.