» Honeymoon in Karnataka
Honeymoon Places in Karnataka
After wedding, the honeymoon period is the most awaited time in the life of newly married couples, who look forward to a memorable time to put in the archives of their togetherness. A right place, for such an awaited beginning is a must.
The south western state of India, Karnataka, is one such place for the honeymooners, where the couple can bask in the glory of a romantic time, and along with that also explore a place acknowledged for its heritage, cultural authenticity and mesmerizing locales.
Honeymoon in Karnataka
and experience the surreal magic of an enchanting land soaked in natural beauty, culture and history. Karnataka seduces you with its myriad charms and lush greenscapes.
Honeymoon Attractions in Karnataka
Karnataka, is as popular for its scenic hill stations as for its magnificent architecture. An enchanting experience of the classical forms of music here will give you a magical feel of another world, which you will leisurely enjoy with your partner.
The Ancient Monuments as the Heritage Sites
With several World Heritage Sites and national monuments, Karnataka is rich in its archaeological uniqueness
. You can experience a blissful historical atmosphere, which is quiet and royal in its way, with your partner, at various places of the state.
- The ruins of Hampi, in Bellary District, gives a reflection of ancient palaces.
- The monuments of Chalukya dynasty, consisting various temples and palaces, are a sight to enjoy, with structures in places like Aihole, Badami, Basavakalyana, Bankapura, Danval, Haveri and many others, where a rich heritage of Buddhist and Jain religion could be seen along with Hindu ancient temples.
- Various forts of ancient ruling dynasties act as popular tourist attractions now, like Basavakalyana Fort, Bidar Fort, Gulbarga Fort, and Bellary Fort.
- The Jain Tirthankaras can be seen in the Belgaum district and nearby areas.
- Buddhist stupas and plaques could be seen at Sannati, Gulbarga, Badami and many areas.
- Sravanabelgola, is a popular place with a giant 17 meter high statue of Lord Bahubali, and is a Jain Pilgrim place.
The Splendid Beaches
The coastal areas of Karnataka are pilgrim spots, as well as lively, picnic spots. There are various beaches that have forests stretch in the nearby locations, giving coastal as well as wildlife charm. Some fine beaches are:
- Netrani Island is known for its coral reefs
- St. Mary's Island, has a basalt rock formation
- Various sunny beaches at places like Malpe, Murdeshwara, Gokarna, Kumta, also have mountains around them
- Om Beach at Gokarna, is a quiet place to stroll around
- Udupi, Thantrady and Karkala are few coastal areas which are holy places as well and have temples in their premises
- Karwar has beautiful relaxing beaches like Blue Lagoon Beach, Ladies Beach, and others.
Beautiful Hill Stations
The South Karnataka is most popular for its gorgeous and charming hilly places and forest ares. Though the presence of old architectural sites is remarkable here also, but the wildlife also has an important stronghold here. Some places are:
- The Kingdom of Mysore, with its exotic scenic locales is one of the most popular honeymoon destination.
- Arasikere, has brilliant coconut gardens to visit
- Madhugiri has a splendid hill fort, along with various temples
- Ramanathapur, a town on the banks of River Kaveri, is a serene place to be in
- Shivaganga, is a beautiful hill which attains various shapes when look from various angles
There are various other, charming hill stations like Kudremukh, Agumbe, Nandi Hills, which also offer coffee producing estates for visit along with trekking, boating provisions.
The Lakes and Lake Areas
- Jog Falls, the falls of the Sharavati river are the highest waterfalls in India, producing an enchanting view
- Hesaraghatta, has various artificial lakes and farms, where boating can be enjoyed
- Shivanasamudram, a place having two waterfalls, Ganganchukki, and Bharachukki, forms a splendid site and is a great tourist spot
- Varapoha Falls, Magod falls, Irupu falls, and many others are places where a honeymoon couple can spend a leisure, relaxing time.
A Wildlife Treat
- Bandipur National Park in Mysore district
- Bannerghatta national park in Bangalore
- Rangantittu Bird Sanctuary in Mandya district
- Dandeli Wildlife Sanctuary in Uttara Kannada
- Daroji Bear Sanctuary is only 15 kms from Hampi
Adventure For Honeymoon Couples
With so many brilliant sites and options, a honeymoon in Karnataka ought to be the most interesting. No matter whether your preference is a serene, less crowded hill station
or a religious temple
, you will find it all here. Some activities that a couple can take leisure in are, rock climbing in Hampi and Ramnagaram areas, mountain biking in the Nilgiri Hills, river rafting in the Bheemeshwari, Dandeli and Coorg areas, rappelling, river crossing, caving and kayaking in the Bheemeshwari areas.
And most of all trekking has been one of the best activity in Karnataka. So just tow along your partner and take the delight in one of these amazing, exciting adventures and have a memorable time in your honeymoon.
Karnataka is an absolute delight for people who like shopping, and honeymoon couples, without any doubt, would like to shop at a place where they have spent a wonderful time together, so pick all the specialties of the place from best areas:
- Sandal woodworks and other handicrafts
- Metal and stone antiquities
- The woven silk fabric of Mysore is a must buy for shoppers
- Also buy exquisite Mysore paintings
- The exclusive metal work of Bidar known as Bidriware
- Dharwad pedha, of Dharwad district is a relishing speciality.
The Golden Chariot
If you want to have a royal experience of Karnataka, then board The Golden Chariot, a weekly luxury train
, introduced by the Government in 2008. Offering a 7 days and 8 nights long royal trip, the train will cover the tourist places like Bangalore, Kabini, Mysore, Hassan, Hospet, Badami and Goa, and take the tourists on a visit to famous temples, hills, Wildlife Sanctuaries, forts and palaces.
So for the best honeymoon experience, make your plans for Karnataka and just be on the board to this delightful land of Carnatic Music and glorious heritage.