Honeymoon in Alleppey
A romantic rendezvous in the Venice of the East is good way of spending your honeymoon. Alleppey, with its network of backwaters, luxurious houseboats and breathtaking greenery, is a popular honeymoon destination in South India. It offers a serenity that is so magical that you can feel the romance in the air on your honeymoon in Alleppey.
Best time for your Honeymoon in Alleppey
Allepey has hot summers and pleasant winters. So, the best time to visit the place is from September to March.
How to Reach Alleppey
Alleppey can be easily reached by train from all the major cities in India. If you wish to take the air route, you can board a flight to Kochi and then hire a taxi to Alleppey or avail the regular bus service between Kochi and Alleppey. You can also drive through NH 47 to Alleppey by car.
For a Romantic Time in Alleppey
One of the best attractions at Alleppey is its houseboats. Couples on a honeymoon must stay in a houseboat for at least a day. The cozy privacy and the thrill of being surrounded by nature is a memorable experience. You can taste the delicious food here too that is made with fresh ingredients and lots of flavorings. You can also try Toddy, a local alcoholic beverage made from the sap of coconut. Other than houseboats, couples can consider the following attractions as well:
- Main Beach – Hand in hand, walking along the sea stretch is a favorite activity of couples on a honeymoon in Alleppey. You can also ride on camels and ponies on the beach. In addition, you can visit other beaches like Alleppey Beach and Marari Beach.
- Ayurvedic Spa – Alleppey has a number of spa resorts and centers that offer couples spa. You can book a session here and rejuvenate yourself on your honeymoon with your partner.
- Religious Sites – Visiting religious places just after marriage is considered to strengthen the bond between you and your partner. Alleppey has a number of temples and churches that you can visit. The popular ones are Sreekrishna Swamy Temple, Mannarasala Sree Magaraja Temple, Karimadi Kuttan that is famous for a 9th century Buddha statue and the St. Mary’s Church that is one of the seven churches believed to be associated with St. Thomas.
Honeymoon Hotels in Alleppey
Your first vacation together certainly needs a perfect location to kick start your married life. It should be romantic, peaceful and blissful. Choosing the right place to stay during this special vacation can help make your future happy and satiated. Honeymoon accommodations in Alleppey include:
- The Park on Vembanad Lake
- Orient Venice Inn
- Riveriside Retreat
- Malayalam Resort
- Lemon Tree Vembanad Lake Resort
- Venice of East Houseboats
You can try several budget accommodations in Alleyppey as well like the Coir Village Lake Resort, Keraleelayam Ayurvedic Resort and Motty’s Homestay.