Honeymoon in Ernakulam
A honeymoon trip to the twin city of Cochin and Ernakulam in the placid lap of Kerala
is one of the most romantic honeymoon ideas. Scenic land of Kerala is studded with majestic natural splendors and one such honeymoon retreat is Ernakulam.
Honeymoon Attractions in Ernakulam
Honeymooning at Ernakulam offers a splendid travel experience at the scenic land of Kerala. If you are pondering about your Ernakulam honeymoon recreation programs, then here we are help you out. Following are the best - things to do on your Ernakulam honeymoon trip:
- Romantic walks at the Marine Drive, Cherai Beach, Malabar Coast, etc are an exotic romantic escapade.
- Witness the epitomic heritage of Ernakulam and visit the: Fort Kochi, Hill Palace, Dutch Palace/Mattancherry Palace, Paliam Palace, Pallipuram Fort, etc.
- Taste the divine flavor of the land of Kerala and bow your heads at Ernakulathappan Shiva Temple, Lord Shiva Temple at Pazhar, Shiva Temple at Kaduthuruthy, Ettumanoor Shiva Mandir, Chottanikkara Bhagavathy Temple, Jain Temple, etc. Also do visit the Jewish Synagogues.
- Churches around Ernakulam and Kochi also make a pleasant part of your visit. Most prominent chapels are Santa Cruz Basalica, St. Francis` Church, Kadamanttom Church, etc.
- Experience the mesmerizing beauty of the Kerala backwaters in Kochi. The lagoon chains and Malabar Coast are a must to visit at Ernakulam. You would love to go for an excursion to the island near Ernakulam. The main islands to visit are: Bolghatty Island, Willington Island, Gundu Island and Vypin Island.
- Popular honeymooners’ spots of Ernakulam are: Athirappilly Waterfalls, Kerala Folklore Theatre, Wonder La Amusement Park, Keralea Kathakali Centre, Greenix Village, Parikshith Thampuram Museum, Mattancherry, Madhavan Nayar Foutain, Kaladi, Chinese Fishing Nets, Kodanad, Princess Street, Tripunithura, Veega Land Amusement Park, Kochi International Marina, Chendamangalam, Bhoothathankettu, Thattekkad Bird Sanctuary, Aiwaye, Malayattoor etc.
Famous tourist places that can be ideally covered while staying at Ernakulam like Alleppey, Kumarakom, Munnar, Thekkady, Coimbatore, Kozhikode, Trivandrum, Kovalam, Ooty, Wayanad, Bandipur National Park, Coorg, and Madikeri.
Honeymoon Hotels to Stay in Ernakulam
The best known hotels of Ernakulam are:
- Taj Malabar
- Casino Hotel
- Trident Hotel
- Kamyakam Haven
- ATS Willington
- Le Meridien
- Taj Residency
- Pearlspot Resorts Ltd.
Best Time to Visit Ernakulam
Ernakulam is quite unpleasant in the summer months being too hot with high humidity quotient. The best time to visit the serene city of Ernakulam is post monsoon or in winter, between the months of July to September or October to March.
How to Reach to Ernakulam
Located by the west side of Kochi in Kerala, Ernakulam is accessible by all modes of transportation. Being a leading trade centre of the state Ernakulam has well developed roads and is well connected with the rest of Kerala.
NH47 and NH47A directly pass Ernakulam coming from Trivandrum and Kochi respectively, while NH17 and NH7 also directs towards the city, connecting it with other parts of the state and further with Indian mainland. Ernakulam can be easily reached from Kochi airport, which is just 5kms from the city. All season Kochi port also is in close vicinity of just 20kms from Ernakulam. Ernakulam is directly linked by the Southern railways and the two nearest railway destinations are Ernakulam terminal and Kochi terminal.
What Things to Carry to Ernakulam
Pack your bags smartly and keep it light to enjoy your Ernakulam trip. Avoid anything too revealing which could hurt the native’s emotions. Do carry your camera, extra camera batteries, mobile with charger, a backpack, wrist watch, styling and beauty kit and needful medicines.
Before How Many Days the Booking Must be Done
Get your honeymoon booking done along with your other marriage preparations and shopping. Normally the hotel and tour bookings are done 1 month before marriage, but if you are planning a trip to hot tourist destination in its peak season than you need to be even more proactive. Having done it all, now you just need to feel the bliss and enjoy your marriage.