Honeymoon in Pachmarhi
Picture yourself standing on a hill with the sound of waterfalls gushing down. As you hold your beloved's hand and walk through the misty woods, a sense of mystery grips you. Plan your honeymoon in Pachmarhi, if you wish to spend some quality time with your partner. With sightly waterfalls, calm environs and lush green hills, Pachmarhi is every bit inviting all through the year. No wonder, it is called the 'Kashmir of Madhya Pradesh'.
Pachmarhi was first discovered by a British officer, Captain James Forsyth, in 1862. It is situated at an altitude of 1000m in the Satpura range of Hoshangabad district, Madhya Pradesh. This charming hill-station, also known as the 'Queen of Satpura', is home to a rich wildlife. The Indian government set up Pachmarhi Biosphere Reserve in 1999, which was eventually included in the UNESCO list of biosphere reserves in 2009.
Places to See in Pachmarhi
- At 1100 m, Dhoopgarh is the highest point in central India. You would love to take your better-half to one of the lookout points to enjoy magnificent views of the sunset.
Satpura National Park
- Covering an area of 524 sq km, this national park consists of evergreen trees like teak, sal, bamboo. It is the natural habitat of tiger, leopard, bison, and deer besides a range of bird species. A tour through the park will lead you to quaint waterfalls, rivulets, and mountains.
Jamuna Prapat (Bee Falls)
- This spectacular waterfall has bathing pools too. It involves a bit of trekking but the beautiful sights are worth the effort.
- This viewing point marks the spot from where Captain Forsyth found Pachmarhi.
- This is one of the most impressive ravines of Pachmarhi. It has a height of 300 feet with extremely steep sides.
- A shallow pool amidst peaceful surroundings, it is an ideal place for picnicking with your partner.
Rajat Prapat (Silver Falls)
- If you are looking for some adventure, take a walk through the rocks and boulders from Apsara Vihar to the top of Rajat Prapat.
- This temple complex on Mahadeo hill is remarkably quaint and cool. On the hill's eastern side, there is an excellent cave shelter with beautiful cave paintings.
- About 4 km from Mahadeo, Chauragarh is a prominent landmark of Satpura. It involves rigorous trekking but absolutely worth for the panoramic views.
- This place is a must-visit for the religious as well as nature-admirers. It is situated in a deep ravine with large boulders hovering over it. The natural caves and calm environs offer mesmerizing views.
Shopping in Pachmarhi
Newly weds can buy tribal handicrafts and paintings to decorate their homes. Don't forget to buy the local honey and essential ayurvedic medicines.
Things to Do
Go on a Safari
- Take a safari through one of India's most scenic natural reserve, the Satpura National Park. Nestled in the Satpura range, it encompasses the Pachmarhi hill station, tiger reserve, Pachmarhi wildlife sanctuary and Bori Wildlife sanctuary and covers an area of 1427 sq. km. You can arrange for a jeep safari at the Bison Lodge.
- From quaint caves to rugged hills and deep ravines to dense forests, there are endless trekking options in Pachmarhi for the amateur and professional trekker. Follow the beautiful and mystic trails of nature with your loved one.
How to Reach?
Pachmarhi is about 250 km from Jabalpur and 210 km from the state capital Bhopal. This hill station is also accessible from Nagpur in Maharashtra. The Maharashtra State Road Transport Corporation runs luxury buses which take eight hours to reach Pachmarhi.The nearest railway station, Pipariya, is about 47 km away from Pachmarhi. Most of the important trains on Mumbai-Howrah line halt here. Bhopal Airport, about 195 km away, is the nearest airport.
Where to Stay?
There are a number of mid-range and budget hotels in and around the market area among which Misty Meadows is good. If you want to enjoy a quiet ambiance, then go for the hotels in the civil area. Rock-End-Manor and WelcomHeritage Golf View are beautiful and well-kept. The Satpura Retreat is an excellent heritage hotel located in the outskirts of the town.
Jalaram Bhojanalaya is a great place to have delectable local cuisine. Rasoi Dhawa and China Bowl are good options for Chinese. Chunmun cottage, located near the Bee Falls and lake, is a great place to have lunch before exploring the places nearby.