» Honeymoon in Maharashtra
Honeymoon in Maharashtra
With idyllic hill stations, lively beaches, historical sites, bustling cosmopolitan cities, and expansive wildlife sanctuaries, Maharashtra is a charming package of romance and pleasure for honeymooners. From the glorious Konkan Coast to all the way up to the foothills of Deccan Traps, the stunning landscape of this Indian state has a certain allure.
Visit the extraordinary cave temples of Ajanta and Ellora, get away on a romantic rendezvous to Bordi Beach, spend a day or two in a holiday resort in Mahabaleshwar, or simply go on a long drive on Mumbai-Pune Expressway. Pick any destination and just go out there to have the time of your life. Having pleasurable weather and scenic beauty, Maharashtra is, without a doubt, among the best honeymoon destinations in India to be with your spouse.
Honeymoon Attraction in Maharashtra
– This hill station is popular for a lot of spectacular view points. While the neighbouring Panchgani is renowned for its strawberry fields and picnic spots, you wouldn't want to miss out on Matheran which is covered with a blanket of green pastures.
Places to See: Panchgani, Venna Lake, Kate's Point, Elephant Point, Mount Malcolm, Wilson Point, Wai, and Tapola.
Distance from Mumbai: 260 km
Khandala and Lonavala
– Lonavala is a major stopover hill station between Mumbai and Pune. And, Matheran – the smallest hill station in India – is not too far away either.
Places to See: Bhaja Caves, Tungarli Lake, Ryewood Park, Tiger Point, Rajmachi Point, Duke's Nose, Tiger's Leap, Amrutanjan Point, Ratangad Fort, Karla Caves, and Bhushi Lake.
Distance from Mumbai: While Khandala is at 78 km, Lonavala lies at 83 km.
– From the most popular beaches to hidden townships, there are numerous getaway spots tucked away between the Western Ghats and the Arabian Sea. Vengurla is a far more peaceful alternative to Goa and the pristine stretch of Guhagar Beach promises a luxurious honeymoon.
Places to See: Guhagar Beach, Harihareshwar Beach, Shrivardhan Beach, Murud-Janjira Fort, Tarkarli, Dapoli, Alibag, Vengurla, Mandwa and Ganapatipule Beach.
– Aurangabad is officially the 'Tourism Capital of Maharashtra' and Nagpur can be named 'Tuscany of India' for its verdant vineyards. If you want a glimpse of glamour and Bollywood then Mumbai is the place to be!
Places to See: Take your better- half to Ajanta Caves, Ellora Caves, Bibi Ka Maqbara, Daulatabad Fort, and Panchakki in Aurangabad. Seminary Hill, Sitabuldi Fort, Deekshabhoomi, Shukrawari Lake, and Ambazari Lake are major attractions in Nagpur.
Distance from Mumbai: Aurangabad at 327 km and Nagpur at 846 km.
– Take your lover on wildlife safaris in miraculously preserved oases of Radhanagari Wildlife Sanctuary, Tadoba Andhari Tiger Reserve, Bor Wildlife Sanctuary, Chandoli National Park, Melghat Tiger Reserve, and Nagzira Wildlife Sanctuary. Encounter wild animals roaming freely and have romantic dinners in a safari lodge.
– Get the blessings of God for a prosperous married life at Trimbakeshwar Shiva Temple (Nashik), Bhimashankar Temple (Pune) and reverred shrines in Mumbai such as Siddhivinayak Temple, Mahalakshmi Temple, Haji Ali Dargah, Jama Masjid, St. Andrew’s Church and Mount Mary Church.
Here are special souvenirs you can buy from various destinations in Maharashtra –
- Himroo shawls and varieties of silk and weaves from Aurangabad.
- Ethnic jewellery, traditional wares, and the nine-yard Marathi saree from Pune.
- Leather sandals and Kolhapuri saree from Kolhapur.
- Fresh oranges and jam, jelly, marmalade and pickles from Nagpur.
- Little brass statues and exotic jewellery from Nashik.
While the best time to visit the Konkan Coast is from September to April, monsoon (July to September) brings a new life to the hill stations in the state.
So, choose Maharashtra as your honeymoon destination and make every moment memorable.