Honeymoon in Khandala
Ati Kya Khandal! The famous tapori melody of Aamir Khan is a prominent reference to the romantic appeal of Khandala hill station in Maharashtra. Khandala is one of the most famous honeymoon destinations of the state and is thronged by thousands of couples every month and in every season.
Khandala, at an elevation of 625 m on the Sahyadri Ranges, is the nearest hill station to Mumbai. Due to easy accessibility, Honeymoon in Khandala is the most popular option. The nature at its best, deep valleys, high ranges and virgin beauty unharmed by rapid industrialization are the reasons for people to come to Khandala for their Honeymoon.
Enjoy your Honeymoon in Khandala by visiting Rajmachi Park, Ryewoood, Duke's Nose, Shivaji Park, Lohagad Darshan, Amruntanjan Point, Kune Fall, Tiger's Leap, Sakur Plateau, Monkey Hill and Reversing Station.
Khandala is a small hill station, so you can explore the entire region in couple of days. Plan out an excursion to Lonavala, Karle Caves, Bhaja Caves, Pune and Mumbai on Honeymoon in Khandala.
For adventure enthusiasts, Honeymoon in Khandala is a perfect opportunity to indulge in your interests. The terrain of Khandala offers opportunity for rock-climbing activities. There is not mush that you can shop for on Honeymoon in Khandala. Still, you can buy jams, crushes, wafers, chidwa, wafers and sev.
Honeymoon Attractions in Khandala
The romance filled realm of Khandala is a superb honeymoon retreat. While on your honeymoon at Khandala, you must try and/or do following:
10 popular tourist locations that you can plan to visit during your Khandala honeymoon vacation:
- Trekking at Nagphani cliff, also known Duke’s Nose and the Kalri Hill.
- Visit Bhairavnath Temple and the other temple of Khandala.
- Mountain Hiking and Biking at Khandala ghat and terrain roads is a great fun.
- Sightseeing and nature walks at Khandala is a great pleasure. Khandala is blessed with an intoxicating natural beauty.
- Alike other hill stations, Khandala has many view Points like Shooting Point, Amrutanjan Point, Tiger’s Leap, Nagphani Point, Lion’s Point, etc.
- There are various historical remains like Karla caves, Chaitya caves, forts, etc. The most famous forts at Khandala are Rajmachi Fort, Manoranjan Fort, Shrivardhan Fort, Visapur Fort, Lohagad Fort and the Tunga Fort.
- Other places worth visiting in Khandala are Shivaji Park, Wax Museum, Shivlinga, Bushy Dam, Lohagad Garden, Tungarli Lake, Reversing Station, Rajmachi Park, Valvan Dam, Ryewood Park, Monkey Hill, Kune Waterfall, Sakue Plateau, etc.
- Excursion trips to the nearby villages and explore the culture and rustic life there.
- Delicacies of Khandala are very famous and the most loved ones are Chikki, Chivda, Sev, Canned Jams, etc. Shopping of these is also an essential part of the honeymooners’ things to do list.
Honeymoon Hotels in Khandala
Choose your stay, from the following top rated hotels of Khandala:
- The Dukes Retreat
- The Signature Crest Sango ten
- Signature Crest Kunegaon
- Zara’s Resort
- Hillscape Khandala
- Kamats Hotel
- Weekend Nursery and Cottages
Some other good hotels are:
- Girija Hotel
- Mount View Resort
- The Nest
- Royal Park
- Fun and Food
Best Time to go to Khandala
Khandala is a very pleasant hill station and is visited by tourists all around the year. The peak summers and monsoon though are the seasons to be avoided in this region. Thus, you can comfortably visit Khandala hill station any time between the months of October to May.
How to Reach Khandala
Khandala is well connected by the roadways and lies south to NH4, now also known as the Mumbai-Pune Express way. There are various luxury buses and local transportation going to Khandala from various big cities like Mumbai, Pune, Bangalore, Hyderabad, etc. One can also hire a private cab to reach Khandala hotel. Khandala has its own railway station, which is connected to the whole country via Mumbai and Pune. It means that to reach Khandala, you will have to change or take a train from any of these two cities. Being a small hill station there is no airport at Khandala. The nearest air terminals are at Mumbai and Pune.
What Things to Carry to Khandala
Pack as per your will, what you want to wear on your honeymoon. Tour travel essentials would include your camera, a backpack, comfortable shoes, sun-block, sunglasses, essential medicines, honeymoon clothes, may be a light woolen (for if needed situations), an umbrella (during monsoons), and lots of relaxation.
Before How Many Months Booking Must be Done
Khandala not only is a famous honeymoon spot, but also a leading weekend getaway and so the hotels have a good business. Thus, if you are planning a trip to Khandala for your honeymoon, make sure that you get your rooms booked in advance. Get your reservations done at least 1 month before your vacation.