Honeymoon in Mumbai
Different from the hill stations of North and beaches of Kerala/Goa; Mumbai has its own rich list of honeymoon attractions for the newlyweds. Mumbai is also known as the City of Gold, on account of its rich heritage and culture along with unlimited fun and glamour. The energy of this city is beyond words. It is rightly said about Mumbai that the city never sleeps. If you are looking for non-stop action and spontaneity on your honeymoon, Mumbai should be your honeymoon destination.
Honeymoon Attractions in Mumbai
While honeymooning at Mumbai, you get ample choices of honeymoon spots to visit and rejoice with your beloved. The best places to visit, for the honeymoon couples in the city are:
- Gateway of India makes the starting point of Mumbai trip/visit.
- Essel World and Water Kingdom in Mumbai is the biggest centre of attraction for fun and adventurous activities.
- Siddhi Vinayak Temple is famous temple of Lord Ganesh and is core of belief of many.
- Haji Ali is famous both for its spiritual relevance and its scenic location.
- Elephant Island trip is a small group of islands west of Mumbai and is a common excursion point.
- Natural splendor of Konkan is also a very pleasing experience of Mumbai visit.
- Beaches of Mumbai; Chowaptty, Juhu and Marine Drive are always full of couples roaming around with hands in hands spending romantic time with each other.
- Bollywood Theatres and Celebrities Bungalows are the star attraction of the city. It is indeed the Bollywood which has turned Mumbai into the city of glitter and glamour, the ‘City of Dreams’. Along with Bollywood, the fashion and television industries have also added lots of charm to this city.
- Kala Ghoda Art Gallery & Street is the hub of art in Mumbai. The street if full of art galleries and museums.
- Shopping is a great fun in Mumbai from the branded goods to the Fashion Street, etc. cheap shopping options.
- Heritage buildings like Bombay High Court, Prince of Wales Museum, Victoria Railway Terminal, Fort Area, Khotachiwadi, etc. also are a nice option to make a visit to.
- Mani Bhavan Gandhi Museum, which was Gandhiji’s residence in past and has been transformed into a museum and library now.
- Nehru Science Center of Mumbai is one of the largest science centers of the country.
- Other places worth visiting and things to see in Mumbai includes Sagar Upvan, the Caves, Sanjay Gandhi National Park, Bandra-Warli bridge, Mahalaxmi Temple, Iskcon Temple, Dhobighat, Dabbawalas, Churches, Jain Temple, Planetarium, etc.
You can also go for an exotic Mumbai honeymoon package which would offer you visits to the famous nearby tourist spots like:
- Daman & Diu
- Lakshadweep Islands
Honeymoon Hotels to Stay in Mumbai
Mumbai offers best hotels and accommodation for the honeymooners, which are provided with various lucrative honeymoon packages and deals. Following is the list of the most romantic hotels with best honeymoon packages in Mumbai:
- Renaissance Mumbai Hotel & Convention Center
- ITC Maratha Hotel, Mumbai
- The Oberoi Mumbai Hotel
- The Leela Kempinski Hotel, Mumbai
- Intercontinental The Lalit, Mumbai Hotel
- The Taj Mahal Palace and Tower Hotel, Mumbai
- West End Hotel, Mumbai
- Intercontinental Marine Drive Hotel, Mumbai
- Bawa International Hotel, Mumbai
- Residency Hotel, Andheri Mumbai
- JW Marriott Hotel, Mumbai
- Astoria Hotel, Mumbai
- Rodas Hotel, Mumbai
- Ramada Powai Hotel, Mumbai
- Hotel Sahil, Mumbai
Apart from these exquisite hotels, there are plenty of economic hotels as well in Mumbai.
Best Time to go to Mumbai
You can plan your visit to Mumbai during any part of the year, except the rainy season as the monsoon there is quite unpredictable and the city then does becomes perilous. Best time advised for going to Mumbai in between October to April when the weather is pleasant.
How to Reach Mumbai
More profoundly known as the Commerce Capital of the country, Mumbai has always been a core of activities. Mumbai thus has very good infrastructural developments. Located on the west coast of India, Mumbai is well accessible by all modes of transportation. Mumbai airport and Mumbai harbor are always busy and runs 24X7. Mumbai has three airports, one is in Andheri (Sahar) for the international service; second is in Santacruz, which is for domestic flights; and the third one is in Juhu, but it is not much used. Western and Central Railway have well connected Mumbai with the rest of the country with various superfast and express trains. Mumbai’s roads and highways are one of the best in the country. For Mumbai visitors, transportation is never a problem, all you need is to take a leave and book your tickets and hotel rooms.
What to Carry to Mumbai
While packing for Mumbai, you do not need to worry for any dress restrictions. Carry the dresses that you love to wear. But do not forget to take the trip essentials like necessary medicines, skin protections, a backpack, sunglasses and your camera.
Before How Many Months the Booking Must be Done
Mumbai is centre of trade and is thronged by millions of people every year. Be it any season book your rooms in advance for Mumbai, in peak seasons do it at least 2 months in advance.