» Honeymoon Places in North India
Honeymoon Places in North India
Honeymoon without a doubt is the most special part in the married life. As soon as the marriage is fixed and wedding preparations start, the would be couple starts doing the honeymoon planning. Both the bride and groom start looking for the best honeymoon destination for them. It is said that in the quiet and private time at honeymoon, the couple gets to know each other, understand each other’s nature and taste.
Most of the couples prefer to go for a natural escapade far from the busy city life to celebrate the new beginning of their life. North Indian land offers you plenty of such natural beauties that you can choose from to go to. From the snow capped mountains, green hill stations, flower valleys to dense forest resorts and more; North India offers you all.
North India possesses diverse climes, sights, cuisines, customs and experiences. Be it the chilling winters, dry summers or pouring rains, you will inevitably have a memorable honeymoon in North India.
Whether you explore the snow-capped mountains of Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh or Uttarakhand, undertake river water sports in the deep cascading rivers or traverse through the deserts of Rajasthan, honeymoon in North India will unequivocally be an experience to reminisce forever.
Honeymoon in North India to make it the most memorable time of your life.
Honeymoon Attractions in North India
You can truly add colours to your honeymoon by witnessing the beauty of mighty mountains, fertile valleys, flowing rivers, lavish palaces, majestic forts and divine places of worship in North India.
Erect a snowman or have a snowball fight with your beloved in the chilling winds of Kashmir and Himachal.
Bang on a jungle trail holding each other's hands in Jim Corbett, Ranthambore or Bharatpur, take up the camel safari to spend the night amidst oasis in the pleasance of Thar.
Try out some spicy regional dishes of Rajasthan namely Dal Bati, Gatte ki Subzi and Lahsun Chuttney, relishing Dam oluv, Rogan Josh and Pasanda of Kashmir, enjoy different flavors of Delhi and do not forget savoring Nawabi cuisines of Uttar Pradesh.
Pay obeisance at the Dargah Ajmer Sheriff, Dargah of Salim Chisti, Amarnath, Kedarnath, Badrinath, Vaishno Devi, Gurudwara Ponta Sahib, Gurudwara Bangla Sahib or Gurudwara Hemkund Sahib on Honeymoon in North India.
Explore the hill stations of Kullu, Manali, Shimla, Dalhousie, Mussoorie, Dehradun, Nainital, Corbett National Park, Srinagar, Gulmarg and Ladakh on Honeymoon in North India. Visit the historic cities of Delhi, Agra, Jaipur, Jodhpur, Udaipur, Ranthambore and Mt. Abu on Honeymoon in North India.
We know how important your honeymoon is for you and you want to make it special. To help you choose the best honeymoon destination in North India; given below is a list of the best honeymoon spots of North India:
Honeymoon Destination in Jammu & Kashmir
Discover your special moments of love in the scenic valleys of Jammu & Kashmir. Taste the beauty of heaven by planning a honeymoon trip to any of the world famous destinations of the valley:
- Srinagar: The beautiful city of lakes is a dream destination for the couples to visit for their honeymoon. The beauty and culture of this city has plenty of treasure to offer you all season long. The best time to visit this region is between May to June, when all water springs and streams are active and the weather is also pleasant.
- Gulmarg: If you are looking for a romantic honeymoon escapade. The snow covered land of Gulmarg is a true love abode and skiing paradise. Best time to plan a trip to Gulmarg would be the spring season, i.e. May to September. Gulmarg though is pleasant in all seasons.
- Ladakh: For the adventure lovers, Ladakh makes the most attractive honeymoon destination. Winters are too harsh here and so the best time to visit would be the summers. Plan a different and fun packed honeymoon with the experience the cold desert climate, thrill of the magnetic hill and a bike trip of Ladakh.
- Sonmarg: Sonmarg is the source of the three sisters of Kashmir and it is close to Kolhoi and Machoi glaciers. Surrounded by thrilling peaks, this beautiful valley can be visited during various seasons. For sight-seeing summers are best while winters attract the skiing lovers.
Explore More>> Honeymoon Packages for Kashmir
The picturesque beauty of Himachal Pradesh sets a perfect mood and atmosphere for the honeymoon couples. Following are the most preferred honeymooning spots of Himachal:
- Khajjiar: A small hill station in Chamba district of Himachal Pradesh. Surrounded by the deodar forest and pine trees, the valley is also known as the Switzerland in Himachal Pradesh. The best known seasons to visit valley extends from February to June, especially between February to April.
- Kullu & Manali: Kullu and Manali is a renowned honeymoon destination. Kullu is a little less busy while the roads of Manali every year are filled with the honeymooning couples. The snow clad region studded with the fruit orchards and deodar and pine trees is very splendid to visit. Best time to visit is from September to June.
- Shimla: Shimla is a well known and preferred Honeymoon destination of North India. Sited in the north western Himalayan range everything about this city is beautiful and lovable. The busy tourist seasons in Shimla are during September to December and April to June.
- Kasauli: The picturesque summers are very pleasant with cool nights and warm days. Thus the best time to take a trip there would be between April to November.
Honeymoon Destinations in Punjab & Haryana
The lush green farms and bird folks of Punjab and Haryana; offers a great honeymooning spot. Following are the best honeymoon spots there:
- Chandigarh: The best planned city of India, Chandigarh is a fabulous place to pick for the honeymoon. The city is pleasant all through the year but people prefer to visit during August to November.
Honeymoon Destinations in Uttarakhand
The beautiful ‘Dev Bhoomi’ or ‘Land of Gods’ of Uttarakhand is a pristine place to start your new life. Scenic alpine beauty of this land makes your trip even more beautiful. Following are the best places you can visit in Uttarakhand:
- Nainital: Pristine hilly town of Nainital is a famous and evergreen honeymooning destination. Nainital offers a splendid combination of snow capped Himalayan views on one side and lush greenery along with Naini lakes on the other. Nainital is an all season destination even in the chilly winters.
- Mussoorie: More popularly known as the queen of hill stations, Mussoorie is a lovable abode for honeymoon couples. The beauty of this valley is impeccable. The best time to visit here would be during summers, more precisely between April-June and September-October.
- Auli: A beautiful meadow in the lap of Himalayan range, Auli is a world famous ski destination. Surrounded with the high peaks of Himalayan range and alpine Being less popular and crowded than Gulmarg, Shimla and Manali; Auli offers you the best romantic honeymoon vacation. Climate is cool and pleasant all through the year which makes every season enjoyable in Auli. Summers give you the best sight-seeing time while the four months of winter are best for skiing. Mystic monsoon has its own beauty. While packing for Auli remember to keep your winter clothes as the weather could get unpredictable.
- Naukuchiatal: Naukuchiatal or ‘lake with nine corners’ is supposedly the best honeymoon location in Uttarakhand. Surrounded by green valleys of oak trees, it is located 24 kms from Shimla and 4km from the famous Bhimtal Lake. It is the deepest of all the lakes of the region and is said to be fed by an eternal source of spring. Naukuchiatal can be visited all through the year, though summers and after monsoon time are best for sightseeing and trekking.
- Jim Corbett National Park: if you are an adventure lover, this oldest Reserve park of India, Jim Corbett National Park is a perfect destination for your honeymoon. With world’s largest tiger population, this park is popularly known as the land of roars, elephant trumpet bird songs. It is located at a distance of 60km from Nainital and a pleasant weather all through the year. The best tourist season of the park is during November to June, when the weather is fabulous.
- Ranikhet: Pine tree rich area of Ranikhet is a simple and splendid hill station. Ranikhet lies around 60km from Nainital. Ranikhet’s weather is favorable in all seasons and so can be visited in any part of the year.
- Mukteshwar: Situated at a height of 7500feet, Mukteshwar is the most pristine resort in the Nainital district of Uttarakhand. The dense coniferous forest, wilderness of this region and 180degree view of Himalayan range makes this place very splendid. Avoiding the rainy seasons, Mukteshwar can be visited in any season but the best visiting seasons are of summer.
- Rishikesh: River rafting in the gushing water of Ganges in Rishikesh is a must to do sport in life. Camping, river rafting, bird watching and sightseeing are very famous here. Enjoy your honeymoon trip in the mystique waters of Ganges in the foothills of Himalaya. The best time to visit Rishikesh is between March and May.
- Nanda Devi National Park: If you are looking for a quiet and romantic time with your partner far from crowd and all hustles, here is a beautiful option for you. Enriched with the diverse flora and fauna, this gentle stretch of Valley of Flowers National Park is very pristine. Best time to visit this World Heritage site in the months of April to October and especially during 15 July to 15 August.
Plan a honey moon trip to the land of culture, art and crafts. Land of love and beauty Uttar Pradesh offers you great honeymoon destinations, the best among which is:
- Agra: Thinking of honeymoon when you have to sow the seeds of your ageless love, no place could be more romantic than city of Agra, the epitome of love.