Honeymoon in Chandigarh
Chandigarh, the best and first planned city of India is a very nice place to visit for honeymoon in the Northern region. Chandigarh city is a quite famous honeymoon destination of Punjab and Haryana region. This city indeed is a preferable part of multicity tour for honeymooning in North India. Chandigarh offers you the combined fun of modern city life along with the serenity of nature and pleasant weather.
Honeymoon Attractions in Chandigarh
World class architecture, beautifully manicured gardens, planned land-scape and cool atmosphere; all together makes city of Chandigarh very appealing for honeymooning. The must to see places while honeymooning at Chandigarh includes:
- Rock Garden of Chandigarh: It is one of its kinds and is very famous among tourists. The garden objects and artifacts are all made of industrial and urban wastage and such other recycled products.
- Sukhna Lake: It is a beautiful man-made lake, designed by the French architect Le Corbusier. Nested in the foothills of Shivalik it is a famous getaway of city for the tourists as well as the localities.
- Rose Garden: This is highly loved by the couples for its beauty and aromatic bliss. Everything about this garden is very romantic.
- Sector 17 Market: Sector 17 market is a shopping paradise for the tourists. It offers unlimited shopping options for everyone according to their respective budgets.
- Government Museum & Art Gallery: These also attract a lot of couples visiting Chandigarh who have interest in art and history.
- International Doll Museum: It is a unique and lovable attraction of the city.
Other attractions of the city that you would like to take a visit to are National Gallery of Portraits, Punjab University Complex, Chandigarh Secretariat, Assembly Hall, and Chandigarh High Court.
Another big advantage of honeymooning at Chandigarh is that you get ample of options to add to your trip and plan a multi-city honeymoon trip. This way visiting more nearby cities will make your honeymoon trip even more wondrous. Some nearby places that you would love to visit, while honeymooning at Chandigarh are:
- Shimla (Himachal Pradesh) at a distance of 115km.
- Kullu (Himachal Pradesh) at a distance of 260km.
- Manali (Himachal Pradesh) at a distance of 300km.
- Mussoorie (Himachal Pradesh) at a distance of 126km.
- Dalhousie (Himachal Pradesh) at a distance of 318km.
- Kasauli (Himachal Pradesh) at a distance of 62km.
- Morni Hills (Haryana) at a distance of 41km.
- Naldehra (Himachal Pradesh) at a distance of 141km.
- Jim Corbett National Park (Uttarakhand) at a distance of 241km.
- McLeodganj (Himachal Pradesh) at a distance of 283km.
- Parwanoo (Himachal Pradesh) at a distance of 28km.
- Kufri (Himachal Pradesh) at a distance of 133km.
- Chail (Himachal Pradesh) at a distance of 110km.
- Manikaran (Himachal Pradesh) at a distance of 153km.
- Amritsar (Punjab) at a distance of 230km.
- Mashobra (Himachal Pradesh) at a distance of 129km.
- Karnal (Haryana) at a distance of 134km.
- Rishikesh (Uttarakhand) at a distance of 227km.
- Sangla Valley (Himachal Pradesh) at a distance of 158km.
- Dehradun (Uttarakhand) at a distance of 180km.
- Palampur (Himachal Pradesh) at a distance of 289km.
- Dharamshala (Himachal Pradesh) at a distance of 273km.
Chandigarh carnival held in the month of November is also a great attraction of the city. This three day carnival is the celebration of this city and gives you the true flavor of this city, its culture and vibrancy.
Honeymoon Hotels in Chandigarh
City of Chandigarh has plenty of good option in various budget categories to make your stay and honeymooning a cheerful vacation. Here is the list of the best rated Honeymoon hotels of Chandigarh:
- JW Marriott Hotel, Chandigarh
- Park Plaza, Chandigarh
- Hotel Cama, Mohali
- The Bella Vista, Panchkula
- Lemon Tree Hotel, Chandigarh
- Hometel, Chandigarh
- Maya Hotel, Chandigarh
- KC Royal Park, Chandigarh
- Taj, Chandigarh
- The Fern Residency, Chandigarh
Best Time to go to Chandigarh
Though Chandigarh gets regular foot fall though out the year, but various seasons have their respective features. Summers there get too hot while winters are chilly and humid. Monsoon on the other hand often gets uncertain. The most suitable seasons to enjoy a perfect pleasure trip are spring seasons between mid February to mid March; and between autumn to winter, i.e. mid-August to November.
How to Reach Chandigarh
Reaching Chandigarh is no problem at all. Being the capital city of two prominent states, Punjab and Haryana, the city is well connected and facilitated with all modes of transportation. Airport terminal is about 12kms from the main city and you can easily avail a taxi from there or ask your hotel for pick-up. Almost every domestic airline operates in this route from around the country. Similarly there are regular line of buses and trains connecting different parts of the country to Chandigarh.
Must to Carry Things to Chandigarh
Do not forget to carry a cap and light woolen clothes in summer and proper warm clothes in chilly winter. Also remember to take sunglasses, sunscreen lotion, tracking shoes and a pack-bag with you. Always keep a bottle of water with yourself.
Before How Many Months the Booking must be done
To avoid any sort of hustle in your honeymoon, it is advisable to book your hotel room in advance, a few months before your trip.