» Honeymoon in Tamil Nadu
Honeymoon in Tamil Nadu
Honeymoon in Tamil Nadu means spending your most precious time period of life with the most important person in your life in a legendary state. The southern most state of India, Tamil Nadu, with its claim of second best tourism sector in the entire country welcomes a lot of honeymooners.
From the romantic atmosphere of a hill station and a beach to the thrill and excitement of a forest Wildlife Sanctuary, a honeymoon couple can enjoy various facets of Tamil Nadu and experience different elements of a married life. Since, you will not get a second chance for Honeymoon in Tamil Nadu, grab the first opportunity to enjoy it to the optimum.
Honeymoon Attraction in Tamil Nadu
To spend a quality time with your partner and to develop an everlasting bond, you need a kind of place where you can explore a charming World together, with no other distraction from family or business contacts.
Tamil Nadu gives you some great options, to be in a place, where away from other Worldly activities you can just relish nature with each other's company. Not a single day will go waste on Honeymoon in Tamil Nadu, as there is lot to see and admire.
Soak up the sun on Beaches
The beaches of Tamil Nadu
, especially that of the capital city Chennai, are the pride of the state. They draw the maximum number of tourists and are beautiful places where a honeymoon couple can have a memorable time. Some of the best of these are:
- The Marina Beach, with a 12 kms long sandy shore is an active and lively spot for picnic purpose
- The Kovalam Beach, famous for its fishing zones, is a splendid scenic place and relaxing point with its brilliant resorts
- Mahabalipuram Beach also has a 7th century old Shore Temple
- Mamallapuram, is a place in Chennai, which has a beautiful beach and some caves, rock cut temples and stone carvings from Pallava dynasty
- Kanyakumari Beach, an isolated and serene place has a lighthouse also.
Serene Hill Stations
What could be a better option for a newly wed couple than enjoying each other's company in a delightful hill station
, amidst gorgeous landscapes. Tamil Nadu has a bunch of these hill stations, which are hot spots for honeymooners.
- Ooty, is one of the most popular honeymoon destinations, with its charming locales and amazing romantic weather. You can have a splendid view of the Nilgiri hills from here.
- Kodaikanal, meaning 'The Gift of the Forests', is a pleasant hill station where you can escape from the tropical heat
- Kolli Hills, is a mountain range, in Namakkal District, popular for its less crowded locations and natural beauty
- Coonoor, is a small town in Nilgiri District, also popular for its Nilgiri tea
- Javadu Hills, whose beautiful mountains, cliffs and precipices attract a lot of tourist attention has brilliant lakes, falls and forests
Lakes and Waterfalls
Tamil Nadu is indeed a nature lover's delight with its splendid river bodies and falls, and hence also providing honeymoon couples with some brilliant spots to spend some quality time together, in the middle of nature
- Pulicat lake, is the second largest lagoon in India. A beautiful place, it is a must visit site in the state
- Courtallam waterfalls, along with various rivers and health resorts , is known as, 'The Spa of South India'
- Hogenakkal Falls, also called as 'The Niagara of India'. It has medicinal bathing qualities and boat ride facilities
- Catherine Falls, a double cascaded waterfall, near Kotagiri
- Palani Hills, has various scenic waterfalls like Thalaiyar Falls.
The Wildlife Treat
For an exciting wildlife rendezvous with Tamil Nadu, you must have a visit to the National Parks and Wildlife Sanctuaries of the state, best of these are:
- Vedanthangal Birds Sanctuary, in the Kancheepuram District
- Vellode Birds Sanctuary, in Erode
- Kalakkad Mundanthurai Tiger Reserve, in Tirunelveli District
- Indira Gandhi Wildlife Sanctuary and National Park or Topslip, in Coimbatore
- Grizzled Squirrel Wildlife sanctuary, along the Western ghats.
For honeymoon couples, a lot of adventure tourism
has been promoted, for example, in the Wildlife Sanctuaries, a safari has been organized, where with full information you will be having all the fun of a wildlife, from a safe distance. Beach Volley ball, boat rides, angling, cruising and trekking are some other adventure sports or activities you can take part in and have a thrilling honeymoon.
Tamil Nadu has a range of ethnic and traditional items, that one can buy on a trip, and keeping the memories intact through the shopping. Some of the essential shopping items are:
- The famous Kancheepuram or Kanjivaram sarees from Kancheepuram
- Antique stone sculptures from Mahabalipuram
- Pattamara mats and leaf and palmyra-fibre handicrafts, from Tirunelveli
- Bronze and brass castings and traditional jewelery from Kumbakonam
- Metal works from Thanjavur.
Have an acute look into the itinerary and various options that the place is offering you and make your plans accordingly, but be ready to have an enchanting honeymoon in Tamil Nadu.