Honeymoon at Dakpathar
Blessed with impeccable natural beauty, Dakpathar is a majestic honeymoon getaway. Situated in the western region of scenic valley of Doon, lush greenery and scintillating hills around Dakpathar are spell binding. Getting a few miles far from the tourist crowds at other Uttarakhand hill station, Dakpathar is one of the best places to for a romantic and solitary honeymoon vacation.
Honeymoon Attractions in
Best places to visit in and around Dakpathar, to enjoy and celebrate your honeymoon vacation are:
- Dakpathar Barrage/Dams are the first on the must to see things-list in Dakpathar.
- Majestic Hydel Power Station attracts many tourists both visiting and local to flock around there for picnic and sightseeing.
- Other top spots worth visiting for honeymooners, around here are Kalsi, Lakha Mandal and Chakrata in Mundali, Bhagirathi Resort, Lacchiwala, Guchhu Pani/Robber’s Cave, Tapovan and Yamuna Bridge.
- For the adventure lovers the best attractions are Asan Barrage Water Sports Resort, where you can get indulged into water rafting sports; and Mundali, which offers awesome skiing ground. Nag Tibba also is an adventure lover’s delight, where you can enjoy trekking activities.
- Famous temples worth visiting on Dakpathar honeymoon trip are Bhadraj Temple, Chadrabani Temple, Laxman Sidh Temple, Sai Darbar Temple, Tapkeshwar Temple, Mundali Mandir, Santala Devi Mandir, Surkanda Devi Temple and Tibetan Temple. Also visit Paonta Sahib Gurudwara.
- There are also two waterfalls, Kempty Falls and Sahastradhara, and Mussourie Lake in close vicinity from Dakpathar to appease your eyes and soul.
- Vinog Wildlife Sanctuary offers exciting safari ride and delightful sightseeing. Other parks worth visiting are Malsi Deer Park, Municipal Garden and Rajaji National Park.
Nearby spots that you would love to visit while in Dakpathar for your honeymoon includes:
- Gun Hill
Honeymoon Hotels to Stay in Dakpathar
Best places to stay in Dakpathar are:
- GMVN Tourist Rest House
- Irrigation Department – Guest Houses
There are also a few decent budget hotels in Dakpathar, while for a luxurious and cozy stay you can opt to stay in Dehradun or Chakrata hotels.
Best Time to Visit to Dakpathar
Nestled in the cool and scenic hilly ranges, Dakpathar is visitable in all season, throughout the year. So you are free to choose your time and plan your trip as per your liking of a little warm summer months or cool and breezy winters.
How to Reach to Dakpathar
City of Dehradun is in close vicinity to Dakpathar and thus, Jolly grant airport is the recommended terminal for the air travelers to get down at and further hire a taxi or catch a bus to travel further to Dakpathar.
Well linked and easily accessible Dehradun railway station is the closest from Dakpathar hill station to travel upto, by railways.
As a hill station, direct accessibility via air or rail to Dakpathar is not possible. But the scintillating unwinding roadways are a pleasant mode to travel to the hill station from major nearby cities like Shimla, Haridwar, Chandigarh, Dehradun, Panchkula, etc.
What Things to Carry to Dakpathar
Pick and pack your clothes as per season and your choice. Things to carry with you that you may need during your travel would include:
- Handycam, Camera and Mobile.
- Accessories, Charger, Support and Equipments of your Gadgets.
- Decent Clothes.
- Woolens for Winter.
- Toiletries, Fragrances/Perfumes.
- Make-up and Styling Kit
- Sunblock and Other Skin Protections.
- Matching Bags, Accessories, etc.
- Important Medicines.
- Extra Camera Batteries.
- Cover/Carry Bag for Camera.
- Light Luggage Bags.
- Comfortable Shoes.
Before How Many Days the Booking Must be Done
You cannot let the things happen on time and sit back comfortably. To make everything happen at time and nicely you need to proactive and plan everything related to your marriage preparations, shopping, arrangements and honeymoon well in advance. So start planning and make all the needful bookings, at least 2-3 months before your marriage. This way you will be relaxed at the time of your marriage and you will be thus, able to save a decent amount of money, which otherwise gets spent on last moment arrangements.