Honeymoon in Deogarh
Calmly sitting by the banks of river Betwa, Deogarh is one of the unexplored heritage treasure chest of Indian tourism. Primarily identified as a farming village of today, Deogarh restores some of grandest heritage and monuments of the bygone eras. Deogarh lies in close proximity to the royal Gwalior region and thus, inherits close proximity in terms of grand architectures and invaluable relics of both Hindu and Jain origin. For an Explorer who loves architecture and history and is fascinated by the opulence and unheard stories of the bygone eras; Deogarh is one of the most appealing getaways for an unwinding vacation. And if you consider Deogarh for your honeymoon destination, Deogarh won’t let you down at any moment of your trip and moreover it will be cheap on your pockets as well.
Honeymoon Attractions in Deogarh
To plan a honeymoon trip to Deogarh, you first need to know about the honeymooning attractions and activities available in and around Deogarh. Know about the origin of Deogarh and its kingdom. Origin of this small town dates back to the Guptan era, which is reflected in the opulent temples and monuments featuring Gupta era architecture. Major highlights of the town of Deogarh include:
- Dashavatar Temple of Lord Vishnu is the major attraction of Deogarh. It is said to be first Panchayatan Mandir, built in entire North region of India. The temple belongs to Gupta period and is studded with intricate stone statues of various gods and goddesses. Names so, the temple primarily is venerated to the ten incarnations of Lord Vishnu.
- Series of 31 Jain Temples can be seen around the Deogarh fort, some of which are as old as belonging to the 8th century.
- Deogarh Archeological Museum houses various invaluable statues and other sculptures to delight an explorer’s eyes.
- Deogarh Fort or Kirtigiridurga Fort is also a must to visit grandeur of Deogarh.
- Other attractions include the ancient stairs and ghats on bank of river Betwa and the excavation sites.
Delight your cozy moments with enriching excursions to nearby attractions like:
- Barua Sagar
- Matalita Dam
- Tal Behat
Honeymoon Hotels to Stay in Deogarh
Best places to stay in and around Deogarh include:
- Tourist Bungalow - UPSTDC, Deogarh
- Sri Digambar Jain Dharamshala, Deogarh
- Good Luck Hotel, Lalitpur
- Hotel Akash, Lalitpur
- Hotel Lalit Palace, Lalitpur
Best Time to Visit
Deogarh lies on Uttar Pradesh-Madhya Pradesh border, which makes it well accessible from different cities of both states.
How to Reach to Deogarh
Gwalior airport, Madhya Pradesh is the closest air terminal from Deogarh.
Town of Deogarh does not have its own railway station, the two nearest railway terminals are at Jakhlaun and Lalitpur.
There is fabulous road connectivity directly to Deogarh and you can easily get a tourist or interstate bus and taxis to travel to Deogarh from nearby cities like Jhansi, Lalitpur, etc.
What Things to Carry to Dakpathar
Here is your ‘things to carry’ check-list:
- Camera & Handycam
- Cover, Support, Extra Batteries, etc. of Camera & Handycam
- Mobiles with Cover, Charger, etc.
- Casual Shoes Comfortable for Long Hour Walks
- Sunscreen, etc. - Skin Care Products
- Important Medicines
- Wrist Watch
- Torch Light
- Decent Clothes for Temple Visit (Avoid Any Sort of Obscene Clothes or Accessories)
- Comfortable Clothes for Summers and Proper Woolens during Winter
Before How Many Days the Booking Must be Done
To savor the last moments of your marriage with relaxation and enjoyment, all your marriage and honeymoon tour related preparations must be done well in advance, at least 2 months before your marriage. So that as the marriage dates approaches nearby, the only work you got to do is enjoy the excitement and happiness.