Honeymoon in Dudhwa
Dudhwa is a well recognized name amongst the nature lovers travelling in the state of Uttar Pradesh. Located in the Terai region of the state Dudhwa is an exciting National Park as well as a Tiger Reserve. Stretched over a vast area of around 1280 sq. km.; Dudhwa Tiger Reserve comprises of Dudhwa National Park along with Kishanpur Wildlife Sanctuary and Katarniaghat wildlife Sanctuary.
Honeymoon Attractions in Dudhwa
The biggest and major attraction of Dudhwa honeymoon trip is the national parks and tiger reserve. Thus, a trip to Dudhwa will include a trip to all three national parks and buffer zone of the tiger reserve area. Situated in the lowlands around the India-Nepal border, the major area of the reserve comprises of rich alluvial plains and is well known for:
- Untamed wildlife as the park and reserve is yet less commercialized and thus, little tampering has been done to the natural environment and life of the jungle.
- Rugged wilderness of this area is its one of the biggest specialty. There is no fixed border line for the jungle area; you will see the farms and villages abruptly dissolve in jungles. A wildlife trip to Dudhwa will give the feel and chill of a real wild jungle.
- You can handily call the park to possess a hot biodiversity with large population of a variety of both flora and fauna. Various rare species of flora and fauna thrive around here.
- Main animals of the park comprises of Tigers, Rhinos, Elephants, Swamp Deers, Sambhars, Cheetals, Hog Deer, Kakars, Neelgais, Wild Pigs, Monkeys, Langurs, Sloth Bears, Otters, Porcupines, Turtles, Pythons, Owls, Storks, Muggers, Gharials, Monitor Lizards, etc.
- There are numerous varieties of birds and butterflies to delight your eyes as well.
- Main vegetation of the park area comprises of deciduous dry forest, sub tropical forests, swamp forest and various herbs.
- Dudhwa is also popular for the Rhino conservation project.
- Park is popular amongst the botanists and nature lovers for its wooded forests of Sal, Oak, Teak, etc.; which have some of the finest qualities of these trees.
Some other places to visit in Dudhwa would include Mirchai Jheel, Naseeruddin Memorial Hall, Eid Gah, Oyal, Lord Shiva’s Frog Temple and Surat Bhawan Palace.
Honeymoon Hotels to Stay in Dudhwa
Best places – hotels and resorts, for the honeymooners to check-in, in and around Dudhwa are:
- Tigerhino Resort, Dudhwa
- Landmark Hotel, Dudhwa
- Forest Rest House, Dudhwa
- Jambolana Safari Camp, Dudhwa
- Forest Rest House Sathyana, Dudhwa
Best Time to Visit to Dudhwa
Like all other Wildlife Reserves/National Parks, Dudhwa Tiger Reserve is closed for the rainy season and remains opened from the month of November to May. So, the best time to plan a trip to Dudhwa between months of November and March.
How to Reach to Dudhwa
For those who wish to travel to Dudhwa via air route, they need to take a flight to Lucknow as Lucknow domestic airport is the closest from Dudhwa.
Travelling to Dudhwa via roadways is a great fun. You can easily catch a bus from various nearby cities like Lucknow, Palia, Delhi, Bareily, etc. Or you can also hire a cab and enjoy a private scintillating road drive upto Dudhwa.
What Things to Carry to Dudhwa
Following are the things you would need to bring with you to Dudhwa:
- Photo ID Card
- Camera & Handycam
- Batteries, Chargers, Carry-bag/Cover and Other Equipments of Both Cameras
- Travel/Route Guide
- Wrist Watch
- Mobile with its Charger, Cover, etc.
- Sunscreen and Other Skin Protection Products
- Beauty Products
- Styling Kit
- A Torchlight
- Eatables (During Long Hours’ Trip)
- Plastic Bags for Disposing Garbage/Litters
- Comfortable Shoes
- ATM/Credit Cards (Instead of Much Cash)
- Trekking shoes and Kit
- Extra Shoes and a Waterproof Jacket for Water Sports
- Needful Medicines
- Camping Equipments (If you are Planning a Private Camp)
- Insect Repellent
Before How Many Days the Booking Must be Done
It is always advisable to get your honeymoon booking done along with other marriage preparations. doing so you will have the advantage of enjoying a well planned and well arranged honeymoon vacation and also you will be able to save some money which otherwise gets spent on last moment ticket, hotel and tour bookings.