Honeymoon in Kailash-Mansarovar
Twin pilgrimage to Mount Kailash and Lake Mansarovar, is one of the most lucrative travel deals and highly venerated amongst the Indians. Holy trip to Kailash and Mansarovar are not only popular amongest the pilgrim tourists, but also is popular amongst the newlyweds.
The thrilling height of the Mount Kailash, snow carpeted valleys, surrounding mountain peaks, lush green foliage, gushing river and streams, miles of jejune land and cool winds that chill the bones, define an adventure lover's delight. Calmness and serenity of Lake Mansarovar are equally overwhelming.
Honeymoon Attractions in Kailash Mansarovar
Kailash Mansarovar yatra is known for its sanctity. Kailash Mansarovar is an internationally popular tourist destination, famous for its onerous trek route that not everyone can reach to. Nestled in lofty Himalayan ranges, Mount Kailash and Lake Mansarovar is ringed by mesmeric nature pleasures that are sure to steal away spectator's heart. An incredible placidity that resides around here, which is simply impeccable and worth every effort you take to reach here.
Biggest honeymoon appeal of the yatra is the divine call that we Indian believe anyone receives for the pilgrimage. Best things to do or honeymoon spots to visit at Kailash-Mansarovar are:
- Trek to Mount Kailash, which is said to be the abode of Lord Shiva, Devon ke Dev Mahadev.
- Kailash Parikrama is the most difficult, yet most significant part of the yatra as it is said that anyone who completes the Parikrama is condoned of all his sins and gets rid of rebirths and proceeds towards salvation
- Lake Mansarovar is associated with various Hindu myths and legends. It is said that by bathing in the holy water of the lake all sins are washed away.
- Mansarovar Parikrama is also very auspicious and is done with lots of devotion.
- Gauri Kund or Parvati Sarovar is a believed to be the lake of compassion.
- Rakshas Tal is the origination of River Sutlej.
- You can camp around the mountain foots and enjoy the surrounding serenity.
Exhilarating route to the twin destinations is a great treat to the honeymooners as they get a chance to cover some of the best honeymoon places on route to Kailash Mansarovar. The major destinations to cover on route include:
- Nanda Devi
- Lipu Leh Pass
You can also take the route via Kathmandu, Nepal, as per your choice and the honeymoon package you go for. Now-a-days helicopter trips are also available to Kailash Mansarovar. You can call your tour operator and choose the best deal for yourself.
Near cities that you can also visit, if you are planning for a long and vast honeymoon tour include:
Honeymoon Hotels to Stay in Kailash Mansarovar
Best honeymoon hotels to stay around Kailash Mansarovar are:
- KMVN Tourist Rest House Dharchula, Dharchula
- Lazimpat, Kathmandu (Nepal)
- Green Tree Hotel, Dongba
Best Time to Visit to Kailash Mansarovar
The only suitable time to go to Kailash Mansarovar is between the warm months of May to first week of October, when the weather is comparatively gentle and friendly for the travelers.
How to Reach to Kailash Mansarovar
Lucknow airport is the closest air terminal for the air travelers to get down at and then travel forth.
Lucknow is the nearest big railway station while the closest is Kathgodam, from where travelers can further take the road route.
At a close distance of around 75km, Nepalgunj is the gateway to Kailash-Mansarovar. You can easily get a bus or taxi to Nepalgunj from Lucknow.
What Things to Carry to Kailash Mansarovar
Passport and ID proof are compulsory to carry with you. You are going to need lots of woolens, caps, ear protectors, trekking shoes(that would be comfortable in snow), trekking kit, snow glasses, and decent casuals (avoid any sort of objectionable clothes). Other things to carry with you would include:
- Sunblock and Skin Protection
- Wrist Watch
- Mobile and Camera's Charger, Cover, Battery, etc.
- Insect Repellent
Before How Many Days the Booking Must be Done
For Kailash Mansarovar honeymoon trip you need to be proactive and book your travel package in the February-March, while the yatra season starts from May last week-June.