Honeymoon in Sarnath
Solace and serenity of the holy city Sarnath attracts tourists from all around the world to plan a trip to India to discover inner peace and solitude. Sarnath is not only appealing to Buddhist pilgrims or those looking for self realization-attainment, but also for youngsters and couples who love to get far from home to peaceful-historic places. Such pilgrim destinations provide unparallel display of the past- culture, inheritance and architecture. These destinations are blessed with a tranquil ambience which is very comforting to the weary souls, tired of regular life hustles and worries. So soothing to the eyes and soul, these destinations make an excellent honeymooning getaway. Honeymooning in the serene and soulful soil of Sarnath will be truly quiet, relaxing and pleasant. What else then, can be a more romantic honeymoon idea and also, cheaper than other tourist crowded destinations.
Honeymoon Attractions in Sarnath
If you are pondering on what could be the honeymooning appeal of a Buddhist pilgrim destination like Sarnath, know more about the place and think again.
Prominent attractions of Sarnath include:
- Sarnath is second most significant Buddhist pilgrimage after Bodhgaya. After attaining delightment, Gautam Buddha met his 5 disciples here only and preached them about his Dharma. Sarnath thus became the birthplace of Buddhism. Sarnath is also associated with many other significant events of Gautam Buddha's life. Representing these events and cycles, there are various ancient Buddhist shrines and monuments present around here:
- Dhameka Stupa or Dharma Chakra Stupa
- Dharamajika Stupa
- Chaukhandi Stupa
- Mulagandha Kuti Vihar
- Ashoka Pillar
- Bodhi Tree
- Deer Park, Mrigadavan.
- Archeological-Excavation Site: Isipatana Relics
- Modern Buddhist shrines, famous in Sarnath are:
- Mulagandha Kuti Vihar Temple, which stores the remains of Gautam Buddha. Remains of Gautam Buddha are exhibited for public to see on the day of Karthik Purnima of Hindu Year Calendar, annually.
- Nichigai Suzan Horinji Temple
- Thai Temple
- Migadawun Myanmar Temple
- Grand Statue of Standing Gautam Buddha
- Tibetan Temple
- Sarnath Archeological Museum, which houses various relics and idols related to Buddhism and Hinduism.
- Nearby honeymoon spots that you would love to go to, include:
Being a pilgrim site you may not find fancy shopping items around here, but you can definitely shop for Buddha statues and such souvenirs. But getting a bit farther to Varanasi you can quench your shopping hunger.
Honeymoon Hotels to Stay in Sarnath
Top accommodations to check-in for honeymooners at and around Sarnath are:
- Rahi Tourist Bungalow, Sarnath
- Buddha International Hotel, Sarnath
- Sarnath Indian Homestay, Sarnath
- Hotel Santoor, near Sarnath
- The Golden Buddha, Varanasi
- Â Hotel Surabhi International, Varanasi
- The Gateway Hotel Ganges, Varanasi
Best Time to Visit to Sarnath
Sarnath's climatic conditions record extremes of both summer and winter. The most advisable time to plan a visit to Sarnath is between the cool and comforting months of October to March.Â Â
How to Reach to Sarnath
Varanasi is close vicinity to Sarnath, which makes travelling to Sarnath
You can easily reach to Sarnath via air route as Varanasi's Lal Bahadur Shastri Airport is only 28 kms away from Sarnath and Allahabad airport also is not too far off.
Sarnath has its own small railway terminal which is linked to Gorakhpur and Varanasi stations, which are both well connected with all parts of the country via rail route.
Sarnath enjoys a good roadway connectivity via Varanasi and can be easily reached by catching a tourist bus from major cities like Delhi, Agra, Lucknow, Kanpur, Allahabad, Mathura, etc,; plying to Varanasi or Sarnath.
What Things to Carry to Sarnath
Sarnath is a leading pilgrim destination, so pick your clothes and accessories keeping the holiness and cultural beliefs in mind. Other things that you would need on a trip to Sarnath include:
- Mobile with all its Charger, Cover, etc.
- Handycam and Camera along with its Cover, Support, Extra Batteries, etc.
- Wrist Watch
- Torch Light
- Identity Card
- Make-up and Styling Kit
- Sunscreen and Other Skin Care Products
- Atm/credit cards
- Comfortable Casual Shoes
- Your Regular and/or Needful Medicines
Before How Many Days the Booking Must be Done
Sarnath is an international tourist destination, thronged by people from across borders and different corners of the world. If you are planning a trip to Sarnath in peak season, your booking must be done at least 1.5-2 months before your travel dates along with all other marriage preparations.