Honeymoon in Varanasi
Varanasi or Banaras is one of the oldest cities of India, well recognised and travelled since centuries. Varanasi can indeed be called as one of the eldest guardians of Indian inheritance; the city specially holds very pious significance for the Hindus. There are regular and prominent mentions of 'Banaras' city in all Vedas and other mythological books and stories. Apart from its holiness the city is a pristine abode of nature and an exotic tourist destination.
Honeymooning in Banaras is one of the most fascinating and romantic honeymoon ideas; affordable to the pocket at the same time. The soulful ambience, pleasant weather and natural surrounding together will create a blissful ambiance near you and you will see the magic of love spelling around you.
Honeymoon Attractions in Varanasi
City of Banaras since ages has been thronged by pilgrims, by traders, by scholars and students. So is it a multipurpose headway for thousand and lacks of people even today. What makes Varanasi so famed and sought after, is not any one attraction or specialty of the city. Varanasi is known for its soulful river Ganges' bank, holy temples, famous educational institutions (BHU), Ashrams, history (rulers and dynasties) and its handicrafts. Varanasi is one of the best honeymoon destinations for the newlyweds who wish to start their new life with the blessing of Almighty at His divine abode and enjoy a soulful and peaceful honeymoon trip.
Honeymooning activities at Varanasi include:
- Must to go to temples and shrines of Varanasi includes Bharat Mata temple, Banaras Vidya Mandir, Kashi Vishwanath Mandir, Durga Mandir, New Vishwanath temple, Gyan Kup (Well), Vishnu Charanapaduka, Kaal Bhairav Temple, Tulasi Mana Temple, etc. Other shrines to visit here are Alamgir Mosque and the St. Mary's church
- Must to visit Ghats on the bank of river Ganga, in Varanasi are Dasaswamedh Ghat, Manikarnika Ghat, Assi Ghat, Dandi Ghat, Raj Ghat, Mahanirvani Ghat, Tulsi Ghat, Kedar Ghat, Shivalika Ghat, Harishchandra Ghat, Panchganga Ghat, Hanuman Ghat, Man Mandir Ghat, Darbhanga Ghat, Rana Mahala Ghat, Mansarovar Ghat, Janki Ghat, Meera Ghat, etc.
- Must to visit historical monuments, palaces and other attractions of the city are Jantar Mantar, Ramnagar Fort & Museum, BHU campus, Man Mandir Observatory, Sarnath Museum, etc.
- Must to shop handicrafts, goodies and eatables of the city are Banarasi sarees, Brassware, Gold Ornaments, etc. and the best shopping places are Vishwanath Gali, Thateri Bazar, Qazi Sadullahpura, Temple Bazar and Gyanvapi.
- Must to attend festivals that are identity and soul of the city are Dussehra, Bharat Milap, Diwali and Ganga Festival. Do not miss the evening arti on various Ganga ghats while on your honeymoon trip to Varanasi.
Honeymoon Hotels to Stay in Varanasi
Top honeymoon hotels and resorts to stay in, in Varanasi are:
- The Gateway Hotel Ganges Varanasi
- Hotel Suryauday Haveli
- Hotel Ramada Plaza
- Hotel Taj Ganges
- Radisson Hotel Varanasi
- Clarks Varanasi Hotel
Best Time to Visit to Varanasi
Varanasi experiences a sub-tropical climate which is too hot in summer and humid in monsoon. Winters though chilly but is the most pleasant time to visit around in Varanasi. You can visit Varanasi between October to March. If you want to avoid the peak winter months, you can very well avoid the two months of December and January.Â
How to Reach to Varanasi
Varanasi has a small domestic airport which is linked by flights to major cities like Delhi, Agra, Mumbai, etc.
Railways are the best and most convenient mode to travel to Varanasi. Varanasi railway station is a major terminal, which is linked with all major cities of the country and various fast and super fast trains travel via Varanasi.
Both state run and private luxury tourist buses ply between Varanasi and all cities of Uttar Pradesh and other nearby cities like Delhi, Chandigarh, Shimla, etc.
What Things to Carry to Varanasi
Varanasi is a holy and cultural city of India, so pick your clothes keeping that in mind. Do not forget to carry woolens if you are travelling there in winter. Do take your camera with some extra batteries, important medicines, sunglasses, skin care products and cosmetics with you. Do not forget to take your mobile and camera's covers, a sunglass, comfortable shoes, backpack, etc.
Before How Many Days the Booking Must be Done
Varanasi is one of the most sought after destination for fro tourists, travelers and students; thus the hotels are always in high demand around here. If you are planning your honeymoon in the holy city Varanasi get your honeymoon tour and travel bookings done at least 1.5-2 months before your marriage.