Honeymoon in Auli
Situated at a height of 2915m, Auli is a beautiful hill station and a prominent honeymoon destination. Surrounded all around by high rising Himalayan ranges, Auli is considered one of the best ski resorts in the World. The snow covered slopes of Auli are beautifully adorned with the coniferous and oak forests. Natural beauty stretched all around your eyes, chilly air rippling through your ears and playing with your hairs sets an intoxicating ambiance and the warmth of your beloved’s arms feels like in heaven in Auli.
Honeymoon Attractions in Auli
Auli is the perfect destination to fall in love and discover itsbeauty. Major couple attractions at and near Auli includes:
- Skiing: Skiing is the ultimate attraction at the slopes of Auli. Many experts rate it as the best skiing resort beating Gulmarg and Manali. Auli has a 500km long skiing lift which gives skiers a good 20km slopes.
- Auli Artificial Lake: It is the highest lake of its kind. This man-made lake was created as the backup to get snow for skiing when the there is no or less snowfall. And thus the skiing season and area can be stretched further.
- Gondola Ride: Gondola ride or the cable car ride at Auli is the longest and the highest cable ride in Asia. This 4km ride is at a height of 3016km above sea level. This ride is an experience of the lifetime.
- Landscape and Surrounding Plaintiffs: Himalayan peaks like Kamet, Mana and Nanda Devi place a stunning beauty standing around the ski city of Auli. This beauty defines serenity and peace.
- Trekking: Trekking at Auli is also a great adventure attraction apart from skiing. There are a number of places like Gorson, Tali, Kuari Pass, Tapovan and Khulara; where you can go for a trekking excursion of around 12km in a day.
- Badrinath: Badrinath cave is just 50kms from Auli, which makes Auli a preferable stop by for the people coming to Badrinath pilgrimage as well.
- Narsingh Temple: Narsingh Temple is the winter palace of Lord Badrinathji.
- Kalpavriksha: It is said to be the oldest tree of the country and its age is considered to be more than 1200 years. This tree is related to many mythological beliefs. It is said to be the tree which was earned from the great Samudramanthan. It is the same three under which Adi Shankaracharya meditated.
- Joshimath: Joshimath is a famous monastery which was founded by Adiguru Shankaracharya near Badrinath.
- Shopping: Shopping at Joshimath is a good deal, where you can peak good woolen clothes like caps, shawls, blankets, etc.
- National Winter Games are held every year at Auli in the months of February and March.
Honeymoon Hotels to Stay in Auli
With the gaining popularity of this region, accommodation facilities have got well established in Auli. There are a number of hotels that you can check in as per your affordability. The best rated Honeymoon hotels of Auli are:
- The Royal Village, Auli Resort
- Cliff Top Club, Auli
- GMVN Skiing & Tourist resort, Auli
- Auli Resort, Auli
- GMVN Tourist Rest House, Syalsaur (Rudra Prayag)
Best Time to go to Auli
Summers there are pleasant and are good for sightseeing. Best time to go to Auli though is during winters when the snow capped winters present a heavenly bliss for honeymooning. Not only the skiing lovers prefer this season, but the newlywed couples as well love the serenity of this season. Peak season at Auli is during November to February and the famous skiing season is announced during January to March when people from around the world flock over here.
How to Reach Auli
Auli is around 300km by road from Dehradun and around 490km from Delhi. The best way to reach Auli is via Dehradun. Dehradun is well connected with all modes of transportation. Nearest air stoppage from Auli is the Jolly Grant terminal at Dehradun, which has regular flights from various domestic airlines from Delhi. Delhi is the nearest international airport from Auli. Preceding from Delhi or Dehradun you can take the road trail to Auli. Nearest railway stations from Auli are Rishikesh, Dehradun and Haridwar, all of which are well connected with different parts of the country. Auli has very good road connectivity and can be reached by hiring a taxi or on tourist buses. Joshimath, the famous monastery is just 13km from Auli. Joshimath has a fair line of tourist buses coming regularly from Delhi (500km), Dehradun (295km), Haridwar (276km) and Rishikesh (253km). From Joshimath you can then take the taxi for your hotel at Auli.
What Things to Carry to Auli
Pack well for Auli trip. Do not forget to keep proper and ample warm clothes and tracking shoes and gears. Keep a back-pack with you that you can use to carry your essentials during you day long excursions. Do not forget to take your camera with you, as Auli is a wonderful place for photography.
Before How Many Months the Booking Should be Done
Getting your booking done in advance helps you stay tension free and well managed during your honeymoon. So plan in advance and book your rooms at least 1 or 1.6 months before the time of your trip.