Honeymoon in Nanda Devi National Park
Surmounted by the mighty peaks of Nanda Devi, resides the panoramic beauty of Nanda Devi National Park. It lies in the scenic Chamoli district of Uttarakhand. Impeccable beauty, diverse flora and fauna of this region are one of its kinds. It is an ideal romantic escapade for your honeymoon trip.
Honeymoon Attractions in Nanda Devi National Park
Best of the attractions of Nanda Devi National Park honeymoon trip includes:
- On account of the rich biodiversity found here, this park has been undertaken by USESCO and is preserved as a World Heritage Site. Various unique species of animals, birds and plants thrive in this region, which are rare to be found anywhere or nowhere in the world.
- Splendid combination of lush greenery and snow capped mountain ranges is a pleasure to the eyes. You would love to roam around here and enjoy the panorama stretched all around you.
- Famous Valley of Flowers is a must to visit place in close vicinity of the park. This flower paradise is at its best during monsoon season.
- Trekking on the nearby mountain peaks is a must to experience activity in this region.
- Camping and Wildlife sighting in and around the park is a splendid experience.
- Visiting the nearby glaciers is also a great thing to do here.
- Joshimath is very close to the park and is a leading Hindu pilgrimage. Most probably you will have to stay at Joshimath and reach the park area by trekking.
- Skiing city Auli is also not very far off, so you would love to take a trip there also.
- Other nearby places to take a visit include Chopta and Tunghnath hill stations, Hemkund Sahib Gurudwara, Dharasi Pass, Lata and Rainee Villages, and the various mountain peaks surrounding the park.
Honeymoon Hotels in Nanda Devi National Park
Nanda Devi National Park is an international reserve area, where any harm to the biodiversity and taming the nature in any form in not allowed. This is why there is no hotel or accommodation facility in the Park area. Following are the three types of accommodation available in and near the Park area:
- Camping inside the Park’s reserve area.
- Hotels in Joshimath, best among which are:
- GMVN Tourist Bungalow Joshimath – Old & New
- Nanda Inn, Joshimath
- Dronagiri Hotel, Joshimath
- Hotel Snow Crest, Joshimath
- Kamet Hotel, Joshimath
- Mount View Hotel, Joshimath
- You can also opt to stay in the nearby villages. For that you will have to ask and negotiate with the villagers to stay at their home at an easy expense of only Rs. 500 per day.
While planning a trip to the Nanda Devi National Park, remember that this is a very strictly conserved sanctuary. Abide by the following instructions:
- Walking alone is neither safe nor advisable inside the park area. Tourists are instructed to walk in a group of 4-5 people only.
- Do not pluck flowers or harm plants in any way.
- Refrain using any fire elements like matchstick or cigarette or lighter etc.
- Do not throw dirt or garbage in park area as it will harm the flora and fauna of the Park.
- Carrying any kind of chemical or chemical products is not allowed.
- Usage of any frequency generating or dependent gadgets like mobile phones, etc. is not allowed.
- Before going for a visit to the Nanda Devi National Park, you would need to obtain a visit permit from the Park Authority. And also get a medical fitness certificate.
Best Time to Visit Nanda Devi National Park
Nanda Devi National Park can be visited only during the summers. Due to heavy snow, the park is closed for 6 months between November to April and opens for tourists in May. The best time to visit the National park would be between May to mid June and then September to October. Nanda Devi National park gets heavy rainfall in the rainy months of June, July and August. If you love drizzling weather then the blossom time at this park is your dream honeymoon vacation.
How to Reach Nanda Devi National Park
Joshimath being the nearest accommodation to the park, you will have to take the route to Joshimath. If you are flying by air, you will have to take a flight to Delhi and from there to Dehradun. From Dehradun you can take the road transportation. Nearest railway station from park is the Rishikesh railway terminal. Joshimath as a leading Hindu pilgrimage is a prime tourist destination and is well connected with the roadways.
What to Carry to Nanda Devi National Park
Carry proper woolen clothes with you. To pleasantly enjoy the wilderness of the park take proper skin protections like sun block, mosquito protection, etc. Do not forget to take your trekking shoes, etc. that would keep you comfortable while walking on the mountains. Also your wears must be water and cold resistant. It is advisable to wear full length dresses to protect yourself from insects’ bite.
Before How Many Months the Booking Should be Done
As soon as you apply for the visit permit to the Nanda Devi National Park, book your rooms in Joshimath hotel, as Joshimath is a busy tourist spot. Book your hotels at least 1 months before your visit.