Honeymoon in Naukuchiatal
Nested quietly in the foothills of Kumaon, resides the untamed beauty of Naukuchiatal. It is a small and quiet lake village situated in the Nainital district of Uttarakhand at a distance of 24km from Nainital. As attractive is its name, so mystic is the beauty of this hill station and such are the legends associated with it. ‘Naukuchia Tal’ or ‘Nine Cornered Lake’ is the deepest lake of Nainital region and is said to be secretly fed by an underwater spring running under from the hills of Kumaon.
Honeymoon Attractions in Naukuchiatal
The unparallel picturesque beauty of Naukuchiatal makes it an exotic vacation gateway and one of the best honeymoon destinations. Apart from the natural beauty of this place, the major attractions of Naukuchiatal are:
While staying at Naukuchiatal for your honeymoon you can also take a visit to the following nearby spots:
- Watching the nine cornered lake is a blissful experience. According to the locals, anyone who ever succeeds in getting a sight of the nine corners at one short with his foot on ground attains Nirvana.
- Naukuchiatal along with Bhimtal and Sattal is popularly known as the Lake District of Kumaon.
- Lakes of Kumaon hills make a must visit attraction of this hill station. You can enjoy various fun activities like fishing, swimming, boating and river rafting.
- Show capped beauty of Kumaon is mesmerizing. Naukuchiatal is at its best during blossoms and looks like a painter’s imagination. You would love to enjoy sightseeing and watching various species of butterflies, birds etc.
- Naukuchiatal has also a very strong spiritual appeal. Temples of Naukuchiatal are splendidly built. These temples also make an important part of Naukuchiatal trip.
- Adventure: Apart from the natural and the spiritual appeal of Naukuchiatal, adventure sports held here are also very popular. You can enjoy activities like trekking, mountain biking, paragliding, parasailing, etc. There is facility to learn these sports as well for interested people.
- Gangotri Glacier
- Hanuman Garhi
Honeymoon Hotels in Naukuchiatal
Naukuchiatal is a very famous honeymoon destination of Uttarakhand. There are various hotels from Luxury budget category to economic to stay in at Naukuchiatal. Below are the top rated honeymoon hotels to stay in, in Naukuchiatal:
- The Lake Resort, Naukuchiatal
- Camp Exile – Eco Adventure
- Dj Vu, Naukuchiatal
- Club Mahindra Dancing Waters
- The Lake Village Resort
- Camp Lagoon
- Hotel Garden Nest
- KMVN Tourist Rest House Lakeside
- Hotel Spring Birds
- Hill Skirt Resort
- Paradise Resort
- Manoram View
Best time to go to Naukuchiatal
Naukuchiatal is a pleasant honeymoon spot to visit in all seasons. The best time to plan a trip to Naukuchiatal is during March to August and also during October to December.
How to reach Naukuchiatal
Naukuchiatal is well connected with rail and roadways. Naukuchiatal lies at a distance of around 320km from Delhi, which is around a 6hrs drive by road via Moradabad on NH 24. The famous tourist spot of Nainital is also in close vicinity of 26km. You can easily reach Naukuchiatal by hiring a cab/taxi or take a tourist bus. Nearest railway station is the Kathgodam station at a distance of 25km from Naukuchiatal. Nearest domestic airport is Pantnagar and the closet international airport is in Delhi.
What to carry to Naukuchiatal
There is no dress restriction in Naukuchiatal, so you can pack as per your taste and preference. Do not forget to take your camera and do take a pair of trekking shoes and gears.
Before How Many Months the Booking must be done
During peak tourist seasons between March to August and September to December; every hotel is fully booked and so it is advisable to book your rooms 2-3 months before planning your honeymoon trip.