Honeymoon in Ranikhet
Ranikhet is a panoramic honeymoon location situated at a distance of 63km from Nainital. The panorama of this place is simply majestic and spell-bounding. Snow capped mountain ranges, valleys of flowers and acres of lush greenery of Ranikhet are highly exhilarating and intoxicating. Legend says that Raja Sudhardev gifted this place to Rani Padmini who had fallen in love with the place at its first glance. And thus city derived its name, Ranikhet which means ‘Queen’s Meadow’. Ranikhet also derives prominence for being an Army Cantonment.
Honeymoon Attraction in Ranikhet
The scenic beauty of Ranikhet seems majestic with its lush green plains against the snow capped western range of Himalayas. Anyone visiting this hill station will fall in love with the serene beauty of the place. Major attractions of Ranikhet are:
- Upat: Situated on the way to Almora, Upat golf course is a must to visit place at Ranikhet. Its height is about 6000 feet above sea level and it is rated as the best nine-hole golf course of the country. Playing golf in this field is a memorable experience. Surrounded all around by pine tree forests the breeze at the course turf is also very pleasant. The best part is that it is open to the civilians as well, but you just need to confirm the timings and an appointment for your visit.
- Jhoola Devi Temple: This 18 century Durga Devi temple derives its name from the temple idol. Idol of Ma Durga in this temple is placed on a swing/jhoola. There are around 20000 bells hung in the temple compound which can be clearly heard from far away.
- Nanda Devi: Nanda Devi peak is a major attraction of the city. Ranikhet is also famous for the annual Nanda Devi Mela, celebrated every year in September. This celebration is devoted to Nanda Devi and Sunanda Devi.
- Kalika: Moving forward 1km from Upat is the famous Ma Kali temple, Kalika. The mountain views from the temple are very appeasing.
- Majhkhali: Located on Ranikhet-Almora roadway, Majhkhali is known for the scintillating views of the snow capped peaks you can enjoy from there.
- Ram Mandir: A beautiful cave temple adorned with the carvings of Lord Ram and Hanuman.
- Bhalu Dam: Bhalu Dam was built by Britishers in 1808 and it is around 13km from Ranikhet. The artificial lake created by Bhalu Dam is the main source of water to the whole town. It is a very popular picnic and fishing spot. And is good for trekking as well.
- Mankameshwar Temple: In the year 1978, Indian Army built this beautiful temple of Lord Shiva, Radha-Krishna and Ma Kali, in the Kumaon Region.
- Army Museum: Run by the Kumaon and Naga Regiments of Indian Army, Army Museum of Ranikhet displays a fabulous range of weapons, artillery and various other stories of different wars.
- Chaubatia: Botanical garden and orchards of Chaubatia is a bird paradise. Chaubatia is also known as the centre for horticulture. You must keep at least 3-4 hours in hand enjoying bird watching there and enjoy its overwhelming beauty.
- Shopping: You can find fine woolens from Shawl and Tweed factories near Nar Singh Stadium. Apart from that you can also take a look at Sadar Bazar, Mall Road Bazar, etc.
A few more places to visit in Ranikhet are Hanuman Garhi and Observatory, Tarakhet, and Hera Khan Temple.
Other tourist spots in close vicinity of Ranikhet where you would love to stop by and add some more fun to your honeymoon trip are:
- Nainital Hill Station
- Sat Tal
Honeymoon Hotels to Stay in Ranikhet:
Ranikhet town has more than 20 well identified hotels that you can check in, as per your preference and budget. Following are the best hotels of Ranikhet to stay in for your Honeymoon:
- Xanadu Resort
- Woodsvilla Resort
- Hotel Annabelle and Resort
- West View Hotel
- Chevron Rosemount
- Dunagiri Resort
- Holm Farm Residency
- Junoon in the Hills
- Vimoksha Resorts
- Cosmos Himalayan Villas
- Parvati Inn
- Hotel Wayfarer Solitaire
- Windsor Lodge
Best Time to go to Ranikhet
Summers in Ranikhet are very pleasant while the winters get chilly. Cool and restful summers make the peak tourist season at Ranikhet. You can thus plan your visit from March to October. Though cold, but snowfall of winters also are loved by the couples.?
How to Reach Ranikhet
Lying at a distance of 279km from Delhi and around 60km from Nainital; Ranikhet is quiet easy to reach. Ranikhet is well connected with the rail and road ways. Nearest railway terminal is at Kathgodam about 115km from Ranikhet. Kathgodam railway terminal is well connected with the major cities of North like Delhi, Lucknow, Agra, etc and also with Kolkata. Once arrived at Kathgodam you can further take a bus or taxi to reach Ranikhet. Regular lines of buses connect Ranikhet directly from Delhi, Nainital, Lucknow, Mussoorie, Haridwar, etc. If you are flying down there by air, you will have to take a flight to Pantnagar, and there onwards take a taxi/cab to reach Ranikhet taking a road drive of around 119km.?
What to Carry to Ranikhet
Ranikhet has a very pleasant weather but do not forget to take a shawl with you. Keep your camera ready to capture the beauty of this land. If visiting during winters, keep ample warm clothes with you.
Before How Many Months Booking Should be Done
Keeping all round tourist season of Ranikhet in view, it is advisable to get a honeymoon package booked in advance. So get your reservations done before 1 to 2 months of your trip time. While in winter the rush is less and so even a late booking can get you a good hotel and other arrangements done.