Honeymoon in Rishikesh
The holy city of Rishikesh nestled in the foothills of Himalayas, is an ideal honeymoon destination of Uttarakhand region. Planning a honeymoon at Rishikesh gives you the combined pleasure of natural beauty, culture and spirituality, yoga heritage and adventure fun. Divine land of Rishikesh is known to cause the purification of mind, body and soul. Rishikesh is one of the best honeymoon spots in North India and is thronged by thousands of couples every year.
Honeymoon Attractions in Rishikesh
There is a wide range of spectacular spots in Rishikesh and its surrounding areas that you would love to visit. The most popular tourist places are:
- Triveni Ghat: Triveni ghat is famous for being the junction of three river sisters; Ganga, Yamuna and Saraswati. As per legends taking bath in this stream washes away all your sins. Evening arti held at the banks is a must to experience during Rishikesh visit.
- Bharat Mandir: Devoted to Lord Vishnu, Bharat Mandir is the oldest temple of Rishikesh. The Shree Yantra placed at the canopy of the temple looks highly spectacular. This Mandir hosts the beautiful Basant Panchami festival.
- Rishikund: Rishikund is one of the famous tourist places in Rishikesh. There is a Shani Mandir built at the side of Rishikund.
- Laxman Jhula: Laxman Jhula is a legendry attraction of Rishikesh. This 450ft long bridge gives an impeccable view of the Ganges and the surrounding mountain peaks.
- Ram Jhula: Ram Jhula is bigger than the Laxman Jhula and gives even more spectacular views. There are various ashrams and temple to visit around here.
- Geeta Bhawan: It is one of the oldest temples of Rishikesh. Today Geeta Bhawan is used as a Museum dedicated to the Purans and Hindu mythology.
- Neelkanth Mahadev: Sited atop Himalaya peak across river Ganga Neelkath Manahev is a scenic and sacred place to visit. It is said that this is the place where Mahadev drank the pot of venom produced from Samudramanthan.
- Tera Manzil Temple or the Kailash Niketan Temple: As the name suggests it is a 13 storied temple with a unique sculpture. This temple has idols of all Hindu Gods and Goddesses.
- Vasishta Goofa: This beautiful cave temple is around 1 hr drive from Rishikesh and its peaceful environment is ideal for meditating.
- Ashrams: Rishikesh is home to various ashrams like Parmarth Niketan, Sivanand Ashram, Sanskriti Yogpeeth, Beatles Ashram, Omkaranand Ashram, Swagashram, Vanprastha Ashram, Dayanand Vedanta Ashram and Yoga Ashrams.
- Some other temples worth visiting are Hauman Mandir, Kali Kambliwali Temple, Kunjapuri Temple, Raghunath Temple, Venkateshwara Temple, Chandra Mauleshwarran Temple and Trayambakeshwar Temple.
Sports and Activities to participate and enjoy at Rishikesh are:
- River rafting in Rishikesh is very famous. Gushing water of Ganga here is ideal for the thrilling adventure. September-November and March-May are the best seasons for rafting when river is flooded with water and the current is strong. During monsoon the river rafting is not allowed as rivers are over-flooded with water.
- Camping is a great fun activity by the Ganges bank in Rishikesh.
- Bungee jumping at the Jumpin heights in Rishikesh is an experience of lifetime.
- Other adventure sports at Rishikesh are Rock Climbing, Cliff Jumping, Rappelling, Kayaking and Trekking
Some popular nearby places to visit while on honeymoon at Rishikesh:
- Shivpuri Village
- Kaudiyala Village
Honeymoon Hotels in Rishikesh
A good accommodation with romantic ambience is the most important for a good honeymoon. Following is the list of best rated honeymoon hotels of Rishikesh:
- Hotel Ganesh Inn
- Ganga Beach Resort
- Ananda in the Himalayas
- The Glasshouse on the Ganges
- Hotel Ganga Kinare
- Himalayn Hideaway
- Divine Resort
- Baseraa Hotel
Best Time to go to Rishikesh
Located in the umbrage of Himalayan rages, Rishikesh is a lovable escapade in summers. The visiting seasons is thus from March to November, while best tourist season is between March to the first week of April and between September to mid November.
How to Reach Rishikesh
Nearest airport from Rishikesh is at Dehradun around 15km away. Rishikesh has its own rail and road heads. Rishikesh railway terminal is well connected to the various parts of the country via Haridwar. Rishikesh bus stop has a regular line of buses visiting from Agra, Lucknow, Delhi, Chandigarh, Kullu, Shimla and Manali. You can also hire a private cab/taxi to go to Rishikesh, enjoying the natural beauty all around.
What to Carry to Rishikesh
Do not forget to carry woolen with you as Rishikesh weather is cool especially during nights which get too cold. While packing your clothes keep a pair from the point of view of trekking and rafting, one pair for visiting the temples and rest as per your choice. Keep your camera ready to capture the beautiful moments of your honeymoon trip.
Before How Many Months Booking Should be Done
During peak seasons it is advisable to get advance booking done at the hotels. To avoid any sort of inconvenience at your honeymoon, you must book your rooms at least 2 months before your trip time. Calling the hotels before 1 month may also work, but risks would be involved.